Some terraforming required.

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Some terraforming required.

Postby SpiralRancher » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:26 am

So, you guys know about these things in platformer games where you eventually encounter a not-so-bottomless pit and arbitrarily lose a life whenever you eventually fall into them? In this case, it's applied in the form of being permanently stuck in a "can't move, jump or jetpack your way out of it" manner due to the bottom having no concrete flooring, as though I'm perpetually in mid-air.

Right above the teleporter to the Ranch in the extreme end of the Moss Blanket, I have encountered such a pit trap.

Of course, as a man of science, it is in my interest to thrust forward into a hole left unexplored. I have the technology backed by my unwavering guts to strike at the opportunity.

Unfortunately, on top of my search being practically fruitless in terms of ressources, not being able to get out of it forced me to make an emergency return. But this is where things got phenominally more startling.

If the icon didn't give it away, this is Beatrix permanently falling through beneath the Ranch and the entire, decidedly unoceanic world.

The c_model looks nice, by the way.

Thankfully, a second emergency return was soundly more successful.

SpiralRancher
Rancher

Re: Some terraforming required.

Postby SpiralRancher » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:54 am

Another trap pit was found within the Hunter Largo den.

SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:02 am

The fall out of the world thing happens due to the slime sea death barrier check failing to work, and since it doesn't extend too far down, you'll be doomed to fall forever unless you use the emergency return.

I know about it because I was here a couple of times using the builder mod.

I suppose that the devs could either extend the death barrier covering area, or try to fix the collision glitches which made you fall down there.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby SpiralRancher » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:20 am

I would opt for fixing the collision glitch. If I do make it past through the ground still, I'd like to have the time to figure out what happened before deciding how to act on it rather than be inconvenienced instantly amidst the confusion.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby SlimeCrafter » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:58 pm

I found a sort-of pit trap on the volcano island. I was experimenting, and I shot some chickens into a hole. They promptly disappeared, leaving no sign they were ever there. I may post a gif or two.
He's the biggest nerd there is, iiiiiiit's....

Mr. Moonjump!

Hehe. I used to be known as SlimeCrafter, but I grew out of that name...

I, uh... can't seem to change it. Oof.
SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Postby Paul » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:42 pm

Very cool! But also not intended. We'll see if we can't find enough dirt to patch that up.
Paul
Admin

Postby SpiralRancher » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:43 pm

Paul wrote:Very cool! But also not intended. We'll see if we can't find enough dirt to patch that up.

If you could substitute said dirt with slippery mountain terrain, we'd be golden.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby GreatRancher » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:39 am

I remeber when I used Betterbuild when 0.2.5 was out.I falled through the Slime Sea,and I never get back...
At least my savefiles weren't damaged with that glitch.
But I also found the Hunter Den's hole,and yeah,it needs a little bit reform,but also think "Early Access",that means Glitches guaranteed,because the game isn't cooked at all(And now,some relation with cooking and some glitches).
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Return to Technical Support