BUG FIX: Odd Onions Spawning As Carrots?

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

BUG FIX: Odd Onions Spawning As Carrots?

Postby VegasRedStar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:03 pm

Bug: Odd Onions are now spawning as Carrots when you put them in your garden to grow, on the ranch.

Desired response: Odd onions should grow normally in your garden on the ranch and yield Odd Onions, not carrots

Fix: Maybe the skin setting is set to carrots for Odd Onions, when grown in the garden on your ranch,
OR the Odd Onion model got mixed up in the Carrot folder, for your garden,
OR there's a coding error for Odd Onions and Carrots within the garden, for the desired result (output) for Odd Onions.

Hope this helps. The new Slime Science is amazing so far! I just really want my Crystal Slimes to enjoy their favorite meal and have horrible onion breath; they love it, but thank god we don't have smell-o-vision yet. Needless to say, right now the Odd Onions are indeed Odd lol
VegasRedStar
Plort

Re: BUG FIX: Odd Onions Spawning As Carrots?

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:30 pm

It's not a bug, it's a feature.
Odd Onions are so odd that when you plant them, you get a carrot patch, however some of the carrots should become odd onions. On every harvest there should be zero to seven odd onions from it.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Re: BUG FIX: Odd Onions Spawning As Carrots?

Postby VegasRedStar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Thanks, I didn't know that lol but I'm still not getting any Odd Onions!
I've done trial and error about six times now, but still only getting carrots. It seems like a quirky system in my opinion, even if I do fix it and it does work.
I'm going to verify the integrity of my game cache and see if that fixes it, but it's bugged out on mine! : (
VegasRedStar
Plort

Return to Technical Support