Redraw glitching in 0.3.7 on XB

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Redraw glitching in 0.3.7 on XB

Postby Mistertoad17 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:45 am

Hi chaps

Just trying 0.3.7 and am seeing random object redraws. I'm in the Moss and this is the first place I have seen it. It has happened twice in the space of 15 minutes now. The first looked like a lightening storm when it happened. It was a patch of sky off in the distance seen between some trees. That's why my first thought was a sheet lightening storm until I realised there isn't any lightening in the game. It flashed on and off about half a dozen times very quickly and was then okay again. Nothing else was redrawing, just this patch of sky. Thinking about it now, it may have been the clouds redrawing over and over causing flashing of white and blue giving that illusion of sheet lightening.

Second time was when I went from the second space in the moss back to the first where the entrance to the moss is. There are two cubeberry trees up above the pool. As I went back into the area after about 5 minutes of leaving it the cubeberry bushes began redrawing. Not as a single thing but each object of the bushes were redrawing at slightly diffent moments. Tiny amounts of time, probably milliseconds but just perceivable.

When I say flashing I mean the bushes were there for a fraction of time and then disappeared altogether before flashing rapidly on and off with each object redrawn like the cubeberry, the leaves and trunk, seemingly delayed minutely drawing one after the other in a sequence. The whole episode lasted for around 5 seconds or so and everything was fine again.

Ive tried to be as detailed as possible so I hope you get what I mean.
Regards

Ade. (MisterToad17)

Running SlimeRancher on Xbox One 500gb, with external 2tb and 5tb HDD, Elite Controller and USB TV adapter.
Mistertoad17
Chickadoo

Re: Redraw glitching in 0.3.7 on XB

Postby Paul » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:05 pm

Thanks for the report. Would you also describe this as appearing like the landscape is popping in and out of existence when you look at it from just the right angle? If so I think I understand exactly what you've observed.
Paul
Admin

Return to Technical Support