Major Glitch: Time stands still but nothing else does...

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Major Glitch: Time stands still but nothing else does...

Postby Mistertoad17 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:17 pm

Have spent some time searching and cannot see anyone else mentioning this fault that I am seeing today for the first time that won't now go away

I have been playing the same save game now since I got SR and am on Day 390 with 669715 in the bank. Yes I know I have all of the features and that all I can do is to keep increasing my fortune, but I'm finding the game so addictive and I am really just revising the way I play and the best locations for gardens, silos and so on.

Anyway, the fault. Thinking back a few days ago while on ring island, I noticed that my jet pack was not refilling and after a few minutes I noticed that while slimes and chickens were going about their busy social lives, fruit and veg were not growing. I moved location and suddenly everything seemed to get fixed.

This afternoon it happened again, but this time it doesn't matter where I am or what I am doing the clock stops responding altogether. Like before my jet pack and health don't refill, fruit and veg don't grow. There is one other thing that I cannot swear to being completely new, it maybe that I just didn't spot it on the previous instance, but now new chickens are not appearing either. Chickens currently alive and all slimes are carrying on as normal and bumping into exploding slimes does reduce health but of course that lost health doesn't recover.

Looking a little deeper I noticed that the the clock does move a little but reacts differently dependant on location. On ring island the clock stops dead and by walking around the island it will advance randomly by no more than a minute or two but no more.

At the ranch the effect is a little different in that it starts and stops more often but is still basically more dead more than alive. Time when it does advance seems to move in blocks of a few minutes at a time and is possible to make the clock advance quite a bit.

The game time when the clock first stopped read a little after 15:10 which was at about 17:00 BST. It is now 22:00 BST and game time has advanced to 16:03. As I said above I shut the console down for quite some time while I had my evening meal and so on.

Obviously it kills this game session for now.

That is what I am seeing. Is anyone else seeing this effect? I appreciate that maybe other players haven't advanced quite so many days and i'm thinking that the lengths of the game perhaps has some bearing on it.
Last edited by Mistertoad17 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Ade. (MisterToad17)

Running SlimeRancher on Xbox One 500gb, with external 2tb and 5tb HDD, Elite Controller and USB TV adapter.
Mistertoad17
Chickadoo

ADDENDUM to: Q!Time stands still but nothing else does...

Postby Mistertoad17 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:30 pm

Having posted the above note I returned to the game and have spotted one other very peculiar event. When I started the game earlier this afternoon I was at the ranch and time was still apparently working. I went to the two ponds I have next to the house on the ranch. In each pool I have 3 puddle slimes.

Unusually I found each Slime had only produced a single plort making 6 in total. Ordinarily when I start to play SR to continue from the day before there will be 4 or 5 plorts waiting. So 1 each is unusual.

Not as unusual as what I just found. Remember that in game time a little over an hour had past which I now managed to advance to read 17:20. I have just collected 46 plorts from the 6 slimes!

That is a huge number considering that allegedly only a few hours have passed in the game.

46 puddle plorts... Woooohooooo!
Regards

Ade. (MisterToad17)

Running SlimeRancher on Xbox One 500gb, with external 2tb and 5tb HDD, Elite Controller and USB TV adapter.
Mistertoad17
Chickadoo

Re: Major Glitch: Time stands still but nothing else does...

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:48 am

Apparently there's a rounding glitch with the clock, that causes such weirdness to happen on all versions of Slime Rancher. If you would be able to reach day 1220, the time would then stop advancing completely!

It's going to be fixed in the next update.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Mistertoad17 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:07 pm

Oh right thank you for the info. Can you tell me where that was discussed? I searched for a while before finallly posting and. Couldn't see anything that looked right.

I really don't want to be cluttering up the place with posts if stuff is there and I'm just not seeing it
Regards

Ade. (MisterToad17)

Mistertoad17
Chickadoo

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:37 am

My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Mistertoad17 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:16 am

Thanks EmeraldPlay. Just trying 0.37 and it's fixed hoorah!
Regards

Ade. (MisterToad17)

Mistertoad17
Chickadoo

Return to Technical Support