Start up crashing

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Start up crashing

Postby Mistertoad17 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:26 am

Hi

Are you aware that if you load the game and don't press MENU when it asks that the game locks up? This happens consistently for me.

I've also noticed that if I have been playing with some other game preview titles that SR crashes more often than released titles.

This weekend I began using a game from Ubisoft on closed beta and have realised that playing it first and shutting it down, then starting SR seems to be having a major impact on SR. It definitely makes SR run horrifically slowly whereas other titles seem fine but also, if I try to play it leads to a crash very soon after starting.

As yet I haven't tried starting a new game of SR but. Will try it out later on.
Regards

Ade. (MisterToad17)

Running SlimeRancher on Xbox One 500gb, with external 2tb and 5tb HDD, Elite Controller and USB TV adapter.
Mistertoad17
Chickadoo

Re: Start up crashing

Postby Paul » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Hello!

We're aware of number one on your list. The game appears to stop responding after 2 minutes.

For number two, is there any common activity in game that seems to result in a game crash? It's uncommon to hear of game crashes on the Xbox One version. Also, I understand that you probably aren't able to share the other game that you mentioned, but is there any other games or applications that result in similar behavior on your Xbox One?
Paul
Admin

Re: Start up crashing

Postby Mistertoad17 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:30 am

No there isn't a common activity. I quit the beta game and start SR. I choose to continue my game and straight away it is running noticeably slower than normal. Actually, thinking about it SR runs like as slow as it does after several hours of play (see the post "Xbox One Severe Degredation" in Tech support).

If I choose to try to play while it is like this it seems to just completely lock up in random locations. It occurs to me that I have always been on the ranch or overgrowth when this has happened. The overgrowth seems to be involved more often than not when I notice a slowdown.
Regards

Ade. (MisterToad17)

Running SlimeRancher on Xbox One 500gb, with external 2tb and 5tb HDD, Elite Controller and USB TV adapter.
Mistertoad17
Chickadoo

Return to Technical Support