Slime Rancher is not responding on my mac (2nd post)

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Slime Rancher is not responding on my mac (2nd post)

Postby Tux3d0Ca4 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:32 pm

I am unfortunately, very disappointed. This is my second time posting about the same issue. You can read the discussion on the first post here http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2898. In short, Slime Rancher would freeze on the title screen, sometimes displaying the image and sometimes playing the music. I was asked to check if it was running on my dedicated GPU, which was the case. So, I sent an email to support@monomipark.com and they told me to send my logfile. I was pleased that support had replied quite quickly; however, little did I know that they would never contact me again. I sent my logfile and waited and waited and waited. Days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months. After a long time I sent my logfile again stating that I had not received any confirmation of them receiving it and working on it. Here is the correspondence.

Alex
To support@monomipark.com

Hello, I got Slime Rancher during the Steam Summer Sale; I had been eyeing it for some time because the game looks amazing and I can see that it will keep on growing.
The first time I started the game it worked fine however when i reopened it it was not responding. The menu was frozen. I took all the recommended steps such as verifying cache, updating drivers, and running in safe mode. Then I decided to try downloading it on vmware fusion 8 windows 8, a virtual machine, it worked however since a virtual machine is not made for gaming it ran at around 30 fps at the lowest settings. An interesting that happened was that i decided to stream steam to my virtual machine by keeping them both open. The game started however when i tired doing so again it started not responding as usual.
Here are my 15 inch 2011 MacBook Pro's Specs
OSX El Capitan
Version 10.11.5
16gb 1333 MHz DDR3
Intel HD 3000 512MB AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024MB
I've noticed that many other Apple users are experiencing this problem.
I'd like to send my logfile however I can't seem to find it.
So I've been playing Slime Rancher on a virtual machine and I have had a lot of fun however I would like to play it at its best on osx. I don't want such a good looking game not being played at its full potential.

Respectfully yours
Alex

Monomi Park Support <support@monomipark.com>
To Alex
Hello Alex,

Sorry for the frustration. Could you please use the instructions in the link to determine which graphics mode your Mac is in while the game is running? The instructions are under the heading "MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011) and MacBook Pro (17-inch, Late 2011)". Your Mac should state that it's using the Radeon graphics card.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202053

If your Mac isn't using the high performance Radeon card them please try plugging it in and following the instructions on this Apple Support page to force it into high performance mode.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202043

If it is using the Radeon graphics card then the log file will be the most helpful. Here's one way to get to the folder where the log is stored:
1) Open Finder
2) Press the ⌘ + Shift + G hotkey
3) In the new "Go to Folder" box paste the path below:
~/Library/Logs/Unity/
4) In the Finder window the game's log file as "Player.log" should now be visible.

Thanks,
Paul

Alex
To Monomi Park Support Jul 11 at 12:19 PM
I checked and Steam was using the high performance graphics card. Here is the log file. Thank you for helping me locate it.

Alex
To Monomi Park Support Sep 11 at 5:13 PM
Hello. It's been a few months since I sent the logfile. Could you kindly inform me if there are any updates coming up to address this problem?
Thank you

As you can see it has been a long time. I would like to be able to play this really awesome game. However, if that is not possible, I would like a refund.

Yours sincerely,
Alex
Tux3d0Ca4
Plort

Return to Technical Support