Xbox One Severe Degredation.

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Xbox One Severe Degredation.

Postby Solipsis » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:03 pm

Hi! I just bought Slime Rancher last night and love it. One problem I'm facing however, is that the longer i play, the worse the game runs. It eventually gets to the point where turning literally takes up to 10 seconds...

The game gets so laggy and the frame rate dips so hard and stays that way so much that it becomes unplayable until I restart my console.

Xbox One (standard) in the preview program.
Solipsis
Plort

Re: Xbox One Severe Degredation.

Postby Mistertoad17 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:33 am

I get this too. I noticed you don't need to restart the console, just the game. For me as it lags I get freezing which is odd as their are no freezing slimes ;) sometimes I get a black screen and on one occasion I even experienced a complete reset of the xbox.

Unlike you I am no longer in the preview program. I left it finally last month because of memory issues and glitches that made it near impossible to use at times. Since leaving all problems went away apart from this one and the chickens stuck behind trees that I posted about recently.

It is my favourite game so far and a shame it suffers at the moment. Then again it is in preview so we should expect.

Ade.
Regards

Ade. (MisterToad17)

Running SlimeRancher on Xbox One 500gb, with external 2tb and 5tb HDD, Elite Controller and USB TV adapter.
Mistertoad17
Chickadoo

Postby Maria » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:23 pm

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues on this front. Improving the performance on Xbox is an ongoing effort on our end. It would be helpful if you could provide a few additional details here.
Does this happen for you when you're in a certain area or performing a specific action? Is this the case for only one specific savegame or does it happen for all of them?
Maria
Admin

Postby Mistertoad17 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:09 am

for me it happens most often around the ranch and gets worse the longer you play. I find that. Several hours of play is when it starts to show up.

The overgrowth seems particularly susceptible to slowdowns even from loading first thing in the morning when the Xbox has been off for hours. From what I have worked out there does seem to be a correlation between the number of chickens you have in the overgrowth and how much the game slows down. However, reducing the numbers will speed everything up early in the game, but once the game begins to slow after some hours of play, reducing numbers seems to have no effect.

If you find yourself on the ranch when the game is becoming like wading through syrup and then head for the overgrowth, halfway through the passage connecting the ranch to the overgrowth the game just locks up completely. Restarting fixes it.

The grotto is also affected by the slow down after hours of play issue. I've not noticed the problem anywhere else.
Regards

Ade. (MisterToad17)

Running SlimeRancher on Xbox One 500gb, with external 2tb and 5tb HDD, Elite Controller and USB TV adapter.
Mistertoad17
Chickadoo

Postby Coolmatt66 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:52 pm

I found a glitch on the Xbox one version of slime rancher.to activate:1 download via the live store 2 get the grotto 3have a corral with all uppgrades other than the auto feeder 4 fill it with rock phosphor slimes 5 run in and back out missing the exit 6 watch the game crash.(my Xbox one is the halo five guardians version)thank you for reading.
Coolmatt66
Plort

Return to Technical Support