Glitching out the tutorial and house.

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Glitching out the tutorial and house.

Postby ChaosBalance » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:12 pm

I started a new game, then realised that I'd forgot to turn off the tutorial and then turned it off in the game menu options screen.

The tutorial then got 'stuck' and refused to clear the screen.

I then deleted that save, started a new game (this time making SURE that the tutorial was off before creating the save file) and played through the game normally.

Next thing I know the 'jump' tutorial window pop's up and refuses to be dismissed.

I'd already finished for the day on my ranch and in the reef so I went into the house and clicked 'sleep until morning'.

The only change to the screen is the mouse disappearing. The Movement Keys produce their sounds and the Vac-pack plays it's sound effect when the mouse is used.

This is with the inside of the Rancher's house still displaying on the screen mind. I couldn't jump, nor sprint, but I could hear the movement and vac-pack sounds effects by pressing the corresponding buttons.

The bad part is that NOTHING ELSE worked, just the movement and vac-pack keys playing the sound effects.

Tried hitting the Bug-Report button, nothing. Tried to exit the game through the Menu, NOTHING.

In the end, after about ten minutes trying to get the game to do something other then those sound effects, I killed the process from the task manager.

I don't know what went wrong, and I couldn't send in a bug report. I couldn't even take a screenshot or gif image because those keys (even the Print screen key!) wouldn't work during this episode the game threw.

I've described it the best I can, hopefully someone is able to recreate this and possibly give more information.
ChaosBalance
Plort

Return to Technical Support