Slime Rancher is not responding on my mac

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Slime Rancher is not responding on my mac

Postby Tux3d0Ca4 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:38 pm

The first time I started the game it worked fine however when i reopened it it was not responding. The menu was frozen. I took all the recommended steps such as verifying cache, updating drivers, and running in safe mode. Then I decided to try downloading it on vmware fusion 8 windows 8, a virtual machine, it worked however since a virtual machine is not made for gaming it ran at around 10 fps at the lowest settings. An interesting that happened was that i decided to stream steam to my virtual machine by keeping them both open. The game started however when i tired doing so again it started not responding as usual.
Here are my 15 inch 2011 MacBook Pro's Specs
OSX El Capitan
Version 10.11.5
16gb 1333 MHz DDR3
Intel HD 3000 512MB AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024MB
I've noticed that many other Apple users are experiencing this problem.
I'd like to send my logfile however I can't seem to find it.
Tux3d0Ca4
Plort

Re: Slime Rancher is not responding on my mac

Postby Krakob » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:59 am

One thing you could try is verifying that the game is running on your dedicated GPU (Radeon) instead of the integrated one (Intel). I'm not too sure how you do that but I believe taking a look in your graphics control panel is a good start. If not, Google's your buddy. If you are running on the dedicated graphics card and the issue persists, send a mail to support@monomipark.com and hopefully the support team can help you sort it out or perhaps pinpoint the bug that's causing it.
Krakob
Admin

Re: Slime Rancher is not responding on my mac

Postby Tux3d0Ca4 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:41 am

I have this application that tells me which graphics card is currently being used and it was using the amd graphics card.
Tux3d0Ca4
Plort

Return to Technical Support