How do i add my Slime Rancher to my steam?

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

How do i add my Slime Rancher to my steam?

Postby happygamergirl » Wed May 11, 2016 6:32 am

Hello! i'm a steam user, but i bought the game from the site long before it even got in steam.
i didn't get an key for it because of it so now, i'm stuck. can you help me?
happygamergirl
Plort

Re: How do i add my Slime Rancher to my steam?

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed May 11, 2016 6:50 am

Since you have the DRM-free version, you still can get the Steam Key. Go into purchases and redeem it.
Then, once on Steam enter your library and type in the key.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby happygamergirl » Fri May 13, 2016 1:21 am

How do i do it, whit out having to pay again?
happygamergirl
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Fri May 13, 2016 3:02 am

going off a similar situation, is there a way to transfer my game to steam? I got it off the humble bundle cuz I heard that doing it that way gives more money to the developers (i think) but I didn't need 2 copies so I gave the key away. But I'd still prefer automatic updates if possible. =s
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri May 13, 2016 4:29 am

PrismSlime wrote:going off a similar situation, is there a way to transfer my game to steam? I got it off the humble bundle cuz I heard that doing it that way gives more money to the developers (i think) but I didn't need 2 copies so I gave the key away. But I'd still prefer automatic updates if possible. =s

Giving the key away made it expired, so unless you buy the game on Steam, you can't get it on here.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby PrismSlime » Fri May 13, 2016 8:00 am

i figured as much. and it's gonna be really annoying to have to update each time if they continue to get to future big patches like they are with 0.4.0. especially with things as they are now where i can't actually update my game without uninstalling and then ust downloading the most rescent version. maybe i'll just buy it again for steam anyway for the automatic updates. it just means they get more support and more funding towards the game \o/ i'll probably wait a bit on that though. i'm a bit behind on personal funds with overpurchasing of commissions for my creatures xP
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to Technical Support