Puddle Plorts... Am I crazy or what?

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Puddle Plorts... Am I crazy or what?

Postby clmurphy74 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:57 am

Okay....

In the old save game, I didn't have Puddle slimes... So once I unlocked the Indigo Quarry, I got 4 of them... They produce TONS of plorts...about 4 to 5 for each slime; however, in the wild, they produce a normal amount (meaning, there was 1 to 2 plorts for each slime) in the IQ.

In my new game, I unlocked the Moss Blanket, grabbed 5 Puddle Slimes, but no plorts, as my pack was full. Did notice that there was a normal amount of plorts for them in the wild. Got them home, placed them in a pond on the main part of the Ranch. After 6 days, no plorts. NONE whatsoever. Placed them in them in the Grotto. A day later, and still no plorts.

Is this a bug? Is anyone else, with a new save, experiencing this? The part of the Ranch I had the pond is the one next to the walls, where there are the two plots behind the fence (next to the Overgrowth). In the Grotto, it is to the right of the new tunnel. I haven't tried the OG, as I have all of the plots used (silo, coop and two gardens). I have the slime key for the IQ, but have not unlocked it. As soon as I do, I will try to grab some more Puddle slimes, and place them in their own pond in both the Ranch and Grotto. I may even try two spots in the OG as well...

BTW, I run a pc with Win 8 (not sure if its the latest update), with the most current java update installed.
clmurphy74
Rancher

Re: Puddle Plorts... Am I crazy or what?

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:46 am

If there's too much slimes near a Puddle Slime (even one of it's kind) it will stop producing plorts, until the problem is solved since they are now shy.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby clmurphy74 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:10 pm

Okay... Got another Puddle slime, and put a pond back on the main ranch area. Transferred 2 of the 5 from the Grotto. Plort production normal.

Something else I noticed, is that if you shoot the Puddles out... they will "huddle" together. If they get into a corner, the one slime IN the corner (bracketed by the other 2) will not produce plorts. So I vac'd two of them up and shot them into opposites corners. Now all 3 slimes are producing plorts. :) I'd rather like to be able to have up to 5 in a pond though.
clmurphy74
Rancher

Postby TinySlimes » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:39 pm

I'm having an issue like this too; my puddle slimes simply aren't cooperating. One of the ponds needs to have only a couple puddle slimes in it because anymore will make them stop plort production.
TinySlimes
Rancher

Postby AliciaJewel » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:49 am

I'm not sure if this is just an issue with the way the Slimepedia is worded or if it's a bug, but I noticed that although the Slimepedia says that Puddle Slimes won't produce plorts if near more than 3 other slimes, they won't produce plorts if there are 3 in a pond.
AliciaJewel
Chickadoo

Postby TinySlimes » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:58 pm

AliciaJewel wrote:I'm not sure if this is just an issue with the way the Slimepedia is worded or if it's a bug, but I noticed that although the Slimepedia says that Puddle Slimes won't produce plorts if near more than 3 other slimes, they won't produce plorts if there are 3 in a pond.

The weird part for me is that this is only the case sometimes. I have two ponds at the very start of the Grotto, both with three puddle slimes. The one on the left NEVER produces plorts, but the one on the right does. Like???
TinySlimes
Rancher

Postby clmurphy74 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:03 pm

TinySlimes wrote:
AliciaJewel wrote:I'm not sure if this is just an issue with the way the Slimepedia is worded or if it's a bug, but I noticed that although the Slimepedia says that Puddle Slimes won't produce plorts if near more than 3 other slimes, they won't produce plorts if there are 3 in a pond.

The weird part for me is that this is only the case sometimes. I have two ponds at the very start of the Grotto, both with three puddle slimes. The one on the left NEVER produces plorts, but the one on the right does. Like???

I've noticed that plort production for Puddle slimes is related to water levels. Without a water level indicator, I can't verify this, but I noticed this and shot water into both of my ponds. Plorts started spawning soon afterwards... So try that... If that doesn't work, repost here.
clmurphy74
Rancher

Postby TinySlimes » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:03 pm

Sadly, that didn't help.
TinySlimes
Rancher

Postby clmurphy74 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:36 pm

TinySlimes wrote:

They are very shy now... Try moving one of the ponds to a different part of the Ranch. Into the Overgrowth or the main part of the Ranch, away from other slimes/largos that you have.
clmurphy74
Rancher

Postby TinySlimes » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:22 am

clmurphy74 wrote:They are very shy now... Try moving one of the ponds to a different part of the Ranch. Into the Overgrowth or the main part of the Ranch, away from other slimes/largos that you have.

The funny thing is that I have two ponds in the main ranch area on another file (behind the fence that leads to the Overgrowth), each with four puddle slimes, and they're perfectly fine even though the ponds are closer together.

The ponds at the front of the Grotto are much farther apart, and I keep my Phosphor gordos down in the center area, yet STRUGGLE.
TinySlimes
Rancher

Postby TheGamingPenguin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:23 pm

I have the same problem -_-
TheGamingPenguin
Plort

Postby Krakob » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:44 am

The dev team is already aware that Puddle Slimes like to bunch up around the edges. The other stuff, not necessarily so thanks for your reports! Remember that you can use F2 in-game to report bugs.
Krakob
Admin

Return to Technical Support