Will this run on WINE (linux)

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Will this run on WINE (linux)

Postby LazyLizard » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:42 am

Hey I want to gift this game to my friend for his birthday, he runs linux. Will it run on wine for him?
LazyLizard
Plort

Re: Will this run on WINE (linux)

Postby Heather » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:32 pm

Welcome to the community!

I'm not sure this has been tested. Slime Rancher is compatible with Linux, see this link for more info on system requirements, though I couldn't tell you regarding WINE specifically.

Steam does have a refund period if the game doesn't run as expected.

Hope that helps.
Heather
Admin

Postby moomin74 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:42 am

I have run Slime Rancher successfully using Wine. If you install Playonlinux use the Steam preset and it should work fine. That said the linux version should be better for performance, either via the linux Steam client or Humble Store version.
moomin74
Rancher

Postby Krakob » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:46 am

As pointed out, there is indeed a native Linux version which certainly would be more convenient than running it through WINE. However, it's not as thoroughly tested as the Windows version, so expect more bugs.
Krakob
Admin

Postby moomin74 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:19 pm

I have been playing the linux version over the last week. The only real problem I had were the menus not displaying correctly at the native resolution (1366x768). But lowering the resolution to 1280x720 fixed this for me. Apart from that, I haven't encountered any bugs, the game can get laggy though at times, although in my case this could be because my laptop uses an integrated graphics card (intel hd4000), but turning the detail down to "low" settings helps with this.
moomin74
Rancher

Return to Technical Support