Slime Rancher has missing graphics on Ubuntu 14.04

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Slime Rancher has missing graphics on Ubuntu 14.04

Postby moomin74 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:29 am

I bought this games on Steam for Linux, but although my computer should be able to run it fine and the game does work, all of the menu boxes have missing information. On the graphics settings if you use the drop down box it doesn't show any settings, just white space, if you click the white space it does allow you to change the settings, but is trial and error as to what settings you select (Eg low, medium, high).

In the actual game you cannot read any email messages, the message box is always blue with no visible text in it and when you want to buy anything it doesn't show all the options available. Instead it is just white space with no visible text. Clicking the white space will bring up other options however.

I don't know if any other graphics are missing, but I think this is a bit disappointing with the broken things, as it prevents me from enjoying it properly.

That said I was successfully able to run the Windows version under the Wine linux client, and the windows version doesn't seem to have any of the issues linux has. Still I hope this can be fixed as the performance is better for me running natively under linux and it is a great game.
moomin74
Rancher

Re: Slime Rancher has missing graphics on Ubuntu 14.04

Postby Heather » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:08 am

Welcome to our community and thanks for sharing this with us.
The next time this happens please hit F2 in game to submit a bug report to the devs that will also contain log files to assist with resolving this.

For reference, can you tell us more about your system specs? Graphics card, processor, etc.?
Have your tried updating your graphics and audio drivers?

Thanks again
Heather
Admin

Postby moomin74 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:44 am

Hello, thank you for your reply. The problem occurs everytime I run the linux version either via Steam or Humble standalone versions. It seems to effect just the menus where you buy items etc.. So if there is an email, you can't actually read it and choosing your silo/garden etc... the text doesn't appear on the left hand side only white space.

My laptop has an intel hd4000 graphics card and is able to run the game ok on lower settings. The windows version works properly using wine for linux however. Its odd that it seems to be the text in the menus that are messed up, the other graphics are fine.
moomin74
Rancher

Postby moomin74 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:19 am

Hello, just thought I would let you know I was able to fix my linux edition of Slime Rancher by changing the default resolution in game from 1366x768 down to 1280x768! All the menus now appear correctly! :-)
moomin74
Rancher

Postby Heather » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:59 am

That's wonderful news, good job... thanks for the update :)
Heather
Admin

Return to Technical Support