Version 2.6 Plort Market Problems and Explosions

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Version 2.6 Plort Market Problems and Explosions

Postby phane00 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:49 pm

I'm having some issues with version 2.6 that need to be mentioned.

1. Save and Quit - According to the rules, the Plort Market only changes at midnight in the game. However, if you sell plorts during the day, and then Save and Quit before midnight, upon your return the Plort Market is changed no matter what time of day it was saved at.
Also, is it possible to quit without saving? Like maybe I had a better start, but screwed it up when I returned. Rather than save that garbage, I'd like the option of restarting the previously saved game.

2. Extended Pause Explosions - This happens everywhere on the map. If I pause the game for a lengthy bit of time, typically longer than 2 minutes, random explosions happen in the game. Plorts, slimes, and largos are just shot out of everywhere, including corrals. There is no proper reason for the explosions.

3. Tabby Largos Tug of War - It's cute when the little pure tabbys play tug of war with their food. However, when tabby largos play tug of war, there's usually an explosion and a loss of largos. This has happened twice recently with rock/tabby largos. Three of them will start tugging on a hen, the tugging creates a shaky sound, then suddenly there's a big boom, and largos are scattered outside the corral, and 2 of the 3 disappear.

4. Path between main ranch and The Overgrowth gets laggy in later rounds. Right around Day 20, traveling down the path to The Overgrowth just starts to slow down. The game is fine before going down that path, and the game recovers once you get into the Overgrowth. But between those points, it just slows to a crawl.

5. Screenshot - There's a lovely ability in the Pause menu called Screenshot. However, there are a few things missing. The Screenshot only shows the pictures and colors on screen. It does not show the Day, Time, Inventory, Slime Keys, or Money. It would be nice to have all of those available for the 5 day challenges and such.
phane00
Plort

Re: Version 2.6 Plort Market Problems and Explosions

Postby SquillionthGamer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:50 pm

phane00 wrote:I'm having some issues with version 2.6 that need to be mentioned.

1. Save and Quit - According to the rules, the Plort Market only changes at midnight in the game. However, if you sell plorts during the day, and then Save and Quit before midnight, upon your return the Plort Market is changed no matter what time of day it was saved at.
Also, is it possible to quit without saving? Like maybe I had a better start, but screwed it up when I returned. Rather than save that garbage, I'd like the option of restarting the previously saved game.

2. Extended Pause Explosions - This happens everywhere on the map. If I pause the game for a lengthy bit of time, typically longer than 2 minutes, random explosions happen in the game. Plorts, slimes, and largos are just shot out of everywhere, including corrals. There is no proper reason for the explosions.

3. Tabby Largos Tug of War - It's cute when the little pure tabbys play tug of war with their food. However, when tabby largos play tug of war, there's usually an explosion and a loss of largos. This has happened twice recently with rock/tabby largos. Three of them will start tugging on a hen, the tugging creates a shaky sound, then suddenly there's a big boom, and largos are scattered outside the corral, and 2 of the 3 disappear.

4. Path between main ranch and The Overgrowth gets laggy in later rounds. Right around Day 20, traveling down the path to The Overgrowth just starts to slow down. The game is fine before going down that path, and the game recovers once you get into the Overgrowth. But between those points, it just slows to a crawl.

5. Screenshot - There's a lovely ability in the Pause menu called Screenshot. However, there are a few things missing. The Screenshot only shows the pictures and colors on screen. It does not show the Day, Time, Inventory, Slime Keys, or Money. It would be nice to have all of those available for the 5 day challenges and such.

Some of those happened to me too
Guess who's back(back back)
Back again
Squill is back
Tell a friend(friend friend)

SquillionthGamer
Keeper

Postby CashMoney » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:38 pm

Yeah, I've seen people mention 1-3 sometimes. Not sure if these issues have been addressed or not.

about #5, I think the screenshot function is just for showing off things you've found in the game that you wanted to share, and that it's supposed to work like that. I think just using the printscreen key on your keyboard should capture your screen how you wanted it, with all the HUD elements in it.
Introducing... The Shiba Slime!

You: "Don't you think that's enough honey-boom largos?"
Me: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
CashMoney
Rancher

Postby Gamer3566 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:38 pm

#2 sounds really funny if your ok with losing some slimes. XD
I could really go for a peanutplort jelly sandwich!

Avatar made by SpeedXaaa, sorry forgot to change this... :D
Gamer3566
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:12 am

I'm guessing that 2 and 3 are caused by an impact glitch - while the game is paused the impact sensors in the physics is still on and as the objects load back in the physics engine reloads them all, and the largos make contact while tugging (caused by having the same AI as tabbies) but are held together by the AI, making the impact noises repetitively before the impact loader flings them apart.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Return to Technical Support