How much cpu does slime rancher take?

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

How much cpu does slime rancher take?

Postby Xxcookid123xX » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:11 pm

Ok, so my psu is going bad. Really fast.
I did some studies and learned that using the cpu causes the pc to turn off then turn on.
(Too much power used by the psu.)
And i have more shutdowns in slimerancher than Minecraft. And minecraft takes a whole lotta cpu. So.. How much does it use?
Xxcookid123xX
Rancher

Re: How much cpu does slime rancher take?

Postby CrazeePi » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Move to here.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby Xxcookid123xX » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:00 pm

CrazeePi wrote:Move to here.

I have no idea how to move topics, beside putting a "moved"
Xxcookid123xX
Rancher

Postby CrazeePi » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:15 pm

Xxcookid123xX wrote:
CrazeePi wrote:Move to here.

I have no idea how to move topics, beside putting a "moved"

Sorry, I guess I'm just too used to the SK forums where you could move.

I guess maybe I should start saying "This be in here," instead.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby Krakob » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:55 pm

I moved the topic ;)

It definitely sounds like your hardware is having some major issues that might not be directly related to the game, especially since you say you also crash under Minecraft. Usually what happens when the CPU strained is that the demanding program will freeze or crash.

The CPU requirements are an estimated 2.2GHz dual core. In Windows 7, you can find out what CPU you have by opening the start menu, right clicking "Computer" followed by "Properties" and then looking at Processor under the "System" section. The instructions are probably similar in other Windows operating systems.
Krakob
Admin

Postby CashMoney » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:45 pm

Krakob wrote:I moved the topic ;)

It definitely sounds like your hardware is having some major issues that might not be directly related to the game, especially since you say you also crash under Minecraft. Usually what happens when the CPU strained is that the demanding program will freeze or crash.

The CPU requirements are an estimated 2.2GHz dual core. In Windows 7, you can find out what CPU you have by opening the start menu, right clicking "Computer" followed by "Properties" and then looking at Processor under the "System" section. The instructions are probably similar in other Windows operating systems.

Also as a general tip to everyone, a shortcut to view basic system info (on most versions of Windows, at least) is WinKey+Pause|Break, if you're having trouble navigating the normal way.
Introducing... The Shiba Slime!

You: "Don't you think that's enough honey-boom largos?"
Me: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
CashMoney
Rancher

Postby Xxcookid123xX » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:21 pm

Krakob wrote:I moved the topic ;)

I have 3.60GHz, Not sure how to find if i have dual core.
So if i do have dual core... I guess it's all down to a new spu.
Thank you!
Xxcookid123xX
Rancher

Postby Krakob » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:14 pm

DxDiag might be able to help you. To open it, press Win + R and type in
Code: Select all
dxdiag.exe
. There you'll find a bit of information about your system. The Processor row should give similar information to the thing I mentioned earlier, although this one should state how many cores you have as well. You can also use a program called CPU-Z to find out more information about your CPU and system.
Krakob
Admin

Postby Xxcookid123xX » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:22 am

Krakob wrote:DxDiag might be able to help you. To open it, press Win + R and type in
Code: Select all
dxdiag.exe
. There you'll find a bit of information about your system. The Processor row should give similar information to the thing I mentioned earlier, although this one should state how many cores you have as well. You can also use a program called CPU-Z to find out more information about your CPU and system.

I don't see anything about cores, but i do have 4 CPUs. Is that the same thing? sorry, im a idiot when it comes to this lol
Xxcookid123xX
Rancher

Postby Krakob » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:22 am

Well, a CPU technically is a central processing units and pretty much everyone only has one, but usually with several cores. In this specific case, they say the cores are CPUs and I have no clue why but yeah, that means you have 4 cores.
Krakob
Admin

Return to Technical Support