Updating the program.

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Updating the program.

Postby Babycrock23 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:51 pm

Hello, I don't have it on Steam and I was wondering how to update the game. Couldn't find out how.
Babycrock23
Plort

Re: Updating the program.

Postby Heather » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:21 pm

Just simply visit the same page where you downloaded the game, and re-download it. You will also now find a Steam Key there as well, click here and select "Slime Rancher".

You can also try the Humble Order Resender which can be used to resend the download links for your Humble purchases if you didn't bookmark the site or you do not have a Humble Bundle account.

The Humble Support page on redeeming Steam keys should be helpful if you would like a step-by-step guide, as stated by default Steam will keep the game updated automatically.

Hope that helps, please let us know how you make out!
Heather
Admin

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:32 pm

will there eventually be a way to have it update automatically without connecting it to steam? that's kinda the only reason for me to choose steam over the normal download. =x
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Paul » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Unfortunately an automatic update system for the Humble/DRM free version of the game is not planned at this time.

Even the Steam version of the game uses Steam's system for updating, and does not have any system of it's own to check for updates.
Paul
Admin

Postby PrismSlime » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:35 pm

well as long as it's possible, that's all i need lol. i'll worry about it actually becoming a thing later. xP
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to Technical Support