UFPS (Unidentified Flying Pink Slimes) 0.2.5

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

UFPS (Unidentified Flying Pink Slimes) 0.2.5

Postby Shydragon » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:48 am

I was free ranging 12 Pink Slimes in the Overgrowth and left them alone for a while. I decided to do some jetpack exploring around the island where you find the Pink Gordo, and when I looked toward the cliff that separates the Overgrowth from the rest of the Far Far Range I saw what appeared to be a group of Pink Slimes spawning in the air beside the cliff and falling into the Slime Sea.

Curious, I went back to my ranch to investigate the Overgrowth and the cliffs when I saw another bunch of Pink Slimes come flying over the edge of the Overgrowth and into the main part of my ranch. A couple of them landed in my coops which were on the other side of Beatrix's house, so they launched pretty far.

I assumed that the Pink Slimes by the island that fell into the Slime Sea were slimes from the Overgrowth who experienced the launching glitch, but when I went to vac up all the Pink Slimes so that I could move them out of the Overgrowth, all 12 were still there. This could be explained by the fact that earlier I had around 50 Pink Slimes in the Overgrowth, but I decided to downsize and shot all but 12 over the cliff, so the Slimes that I saw fall into the Slime Sea could have been Slimes that hadn't made it all the way over the cliff the first time. However, the mysterious launching is still unexplained.

Here's a quick rundown of what happened:

Before apparent glitch:
- ~50 Slimes in Overgrowth. I shoot some away, leaving 12.
- 12 Slimes in Overgrowth, theoretically a few on the cliffs surrounding the Overgrowth.
While apparent glitch happened:
- at least 4 Slimes are seen appearing next to the cliff and they fall into the Slime Sea. I go to investigate.
- another 4 Slimes are seen flying into the main area of the ranch. I vac up all the Pink Slimes, including the ones still in the Overgrowth.
After apparent glitch:
- 12 Pink Slimes still on ranch, so the ones that fell in the Slime Sea might have been unrelated to the 12 in the Overgrowth and might have been part of the bunch I shot out of the Overgrowth.

Some important points to remember:
- All Slimes involved were regular Pink Slimes, no Largos.
- None of the Slimes were in corrals.
- The Slimes that fell in the Slime Sea seemed to appear out of thin air, they were not seen flying.
- All 12 Slimes, and only 12 Slimes, that were originally in the Overgrowth were accounted for in the end.
- The Slimes that fell in the Slime Sea appeared at the same time, and the Slimes seen flying out of the Overgrowth all flew out at the same time.
Shydragon
Rancher

Re: UFPS (Unidentified Flying Pink Slimes) 0.2.5

Postby Heather » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:09 am

Hi there Shydragon!
Thanks for reporting this, the good news is Monomi Park believes they have this addressed for v0.3.0 :)
Heather
Admin

Re: UFPS (Unidentified Flying Pink Slimes) 0.2.5

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:30 pm

but they've been identified... as pink slimes... ;-;

also this is just a guess, but it mighta just been you being at a weird spot where the slimes that were still on top of the cliffs rendered, but the ground underneath them didn't, so they fell through.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to Technical Support