2.5 Collision Bugs

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

2.5 Collision Bugs

Postby slimeapparition » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:48 pm

With news of the new 2.5 patch, I decided to hunt down more glitches to be fixed, mainly the collision ones. I was quite surprised to see that the glitches I had found before and were listed as "patched" still worked, you just had to get around some things to make them work.

A list of new glitches I found.:
-In some areas where there is a corner/small gap and a ceiling above the player, given the player is standing right up to the corner/small gap, the player can shoot a slime into the corner and jump simultaneously to suspend the slime in midair (a "ceiling" can also be a small gap).

A list of glitches still not patched:
-Largos and Crates can still be placed inside of walls, but you have to clip them inside of the wall at a certain angle.
-Slimes and other objects can still be clipped into walls using the "corner clipping" method (ask for more details), but it no longer works on every single corner and small gap.
-Launching objects with Crates (i.e. launching a Crate with another Crate) by clipping them isnide each other is still possible (and it's still tons of fun).
-Slimes can still be shot through certain small gaps, which they would normally not be able to fit into.

If you would like more information on these bugs, ask me about them :)
slimeapparition
Plort

Re: 2.5 Collision Bugs

Postby Krakob » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:40 am

Hey, thanks for the reports!

Since these bugs seem a bit hard to explain, maybe you could make .gifs showing them instead? If a picture can say a thousand words, then a .gif of 5 seconds at 15 fps or so would be able to say 75000 words, which is probably as much as a full essay on these bugs!
Krakob
Admin

Postby slimeapparition » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:47 pm

Krakob wrote:Hey, thanks for the reports!

Since these bugs seem a bit hard to explain, maybe you could make .gifs showing them instead? If a picture can say a thousand words, then a .gif of 5 seconds at 15 fps or so would be able to say 75000 words, which is probably as much as a full essay on these bugs!

Of course! Here are some .gifs.
Attachments
zwa64.gif
Third Glitch
zwa64.gif (155.86 KiB) Viewed 8223 times
zw9zl.gif
Second Glitch
zw9zl.gif (150.94 KiB) Viewed 8223 times
zw9sf.gif
First Glitch
zw9sf.gif (144.68 KiB) Viewed 8223 times
slimeapparition
Plort

Postby slimeapparition » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:32 pm

bump
slimeapparition
Plort

Postby Krakob » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:22 pm

There's no real need to bump -- I'm sure the developers have already seen this post even if they didn't reply, not to mention that a lot of people surely have reported through the in-game system.
Krakob
Admin

Postby SonicStAxx » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:28 pm

slimeapparition wrote:With news of the new 2.5 patch, I decided to hunt down more glitches to be fixed, mainly the collision ones. I was quite surprised to see that the glitches I had found before and were listed as "patched" still worked, you just had to get around some things to make them work.

A list of new glitches I found.:
-In some areas where there is a corner/small gap and a ceiling above the player, given the player is standing right up to the corner/small gap, the player can shoot a slime into the corner and jump simultaneously to suspend the slime in midair (a "ceiling" can also be a small gap).

A list of glitches still not patched:
-Largos and Crates can still be placed inside of walls, but you have to clip them inside of the wall at a certain angle.
-Slimes and other objects can still be clipped into walls using the "corner clipping" method (ask for more details), but it no longer works on every single corner and small gap.
-Launching objects with Crates (i.e. launching a Crate with another Crate) by clipping them isnide each other is still possible (and it's still tons of fun).
-Slimes can still be shot through certain small gaps, which they would normally not be able to fit into.

If you would like more information on these bugs, ask me about them :)

New Patch 0.2.6 is Here :D
Slime Rancher is Love...
SonicStAxx
Chickadoo

Postby SonicStAxx » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:28 pm

slimeapparition wrote:
Krakob wrote:Hey, thanks for the reports!

Of course! Here are some .gifs.

:O
Slime Rancher is Love...
SonicStAxx
Chickadoo

Postby PuddleSlimer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:09 am

I think I got the glitch with the slimes jumping through tiny spaces.. I had high walls and an air net on a corral filled with honey boom largos and they kept on flying out through the corners right in front of my eyes. but I didn't catch it on camera.
I ran out of ideas for a signature!
PuddleSlimer
Rancher

Postby slimeapparition » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:42 am

Krakob wrote:There's no real need to bump -- I'm sure the developers have already seen this post even if they didn't reply, not to mention that a lot of people surely have reported through the in-game system.

I know but I gave them several bug reports a while ago, and I'm getting worried that they haven't seen them :(
slimeapparition
Plort

Postby Heather » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:00 am

slimeapparition wrote:
Krakob wrote:There's no real need to bump -- I'm sure the developers have already seen this post even if they didn't reply, not to mention that a lot of people surely have reported through the in-game system.

I know but I gave them several bug reports a while ago, and I'm getting worried that they haven't seen them :(

There's no reason to think that. Every bug report is reviewed. Thanks for submitting them.
Heather
Admin

Return to Technical Support