Disappearing slimes

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Disappearing slimes

Postby PlushKlavier » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:13 pm

So, today I thought I would challenge myself by filling up a fully upgraded corral with as many slimes as possible and see how many I can fit in there before they start overflowing out of the corral.
I did this in the Overgrowth, because I wanted to try this with pink slimes since they are the easiest to get and I already had a corral there with pink slimes, along with other corrals containing phosphor, honey, and rock slimes, each corral had 20 of them.
Now, as I began collecting more and more pink slimes I noticed that my rock slimes had disappeared!
Then I looked at my phosphor and honey slimes as well and there were only 3 honey slimes left and 1 phosphor slime, I thought this was weird because it hasn't been implemented yet that the slimes escape after not having been fed for a while, then I popped my pink slimes into the pink slime corral and saw my last phosphor slime and honey slimes had disappeared and then it clicked in my head.

I gathered up the pink slimes that I had and put 50 of them in each corral to keep easy track of how many I had.
When I filled up two of the corrals I decided to check the corral I originally had them in to see how many slimes were left in there, it had only 33 slimes so I got 12 more slimes to get the corral to 50 again, then the second corral suddenly only had 41 slimes so I brought that to 50 again as well, then my third corral also went down from 50 to 31 slimes so again I filled it up to 50, then went back to the first corral that I had filled up with 50 slimes just a minute ago and saw it was down to 36 slimes.

All the other slimes that are contained in different areas are fine, so this seems to be area bound, but it looks like that when you're trying to fill an area such as the Overgrowth with 150 slimes a handful of the slimes disappear and I have no idea if this is supposed to happen to prevent the game from lagging and crashing due to an overload of slimes or if it is an actual bug in the game, so I thought it would be a good thing to report it here.
Come find me on my Tumblr!
plushklavier.tumblr.com
PlushKlavier
Rancher

Re: Disappearing slimes

Postby Heather » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:31 pm

Thanks for reporting this, can you please hit F2 in-game right after it happens next time?
This will submit a bug report.
Heather
Admin

Postby PlushKlavier » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Heather wrote:Thanks for reporting this, can you please hit F2 in-game right after it happens next time?
This will submit a bug report.

Sure thing!
I don't know when exactly to press it but I will next time I'm adding some more pink slimes to the area
Come find me on my Tumblr!
plushklavier.tumblr.com
PlushKlavier
Rancher

Postby Heather » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:26 am

Thanks again for submitting your feedback on this bug!
As a direct result of threads such as this, Monomi Park believes they have found the source of this bug and an upcoming patch release should resolve this issue.

As we've said before, your feedback matters.... so thank you!
Heather
Admin

Return to Technical Support