Game Crash, Corrupted Boot state

Postby Veur » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:45 pm

Computer Specs:

Windows 7 SP1
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.31GHz
8GB RAM
64-Bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Reopened a day-old save in normal mode, not safe mode and walked around ranch for about ten minutes. Accidentally hit Alt at same time as SPACE, several seconds later the video broke apart into large pixels and green blocks. Tried to close out of game when windows crashed. Boot screen showed same green blocks twice (will get pictures when at another computer) Could not restart into normal mode, blue screen.

Crash Report looked like this:

Able to run Windows in Safe Mode with networking, updated video drivers, but I have a feeling I will need to reinstall windows to fix this.
Veur
Plort

Re: Game Crash, Corrupted Boot state

Postby Heather » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Welcome to our community, sorry you're having trouble.
This may sound strange, but please update your audio drivers and see if that helps.
Heather
Admin

Postby Veur » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:49 pm

Thanks so much for your quick reply!

Well, I'm still kind of dealing with the situation. Turns out whatever happened it bricked my video card and I'm rather hesitant to try anything new until full release. I tested it out by putting a different card in my machine and everything was fine. It's not a big deal since it was an older card.
Veur
Plort

Postby Heather » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:06 pm

You're welcome!
I apologize I thought you started the game in safe mode, not Windows in safe mode.
Sorry things went so wrong for you! Glad the other card is working out.
Heather
Admin

Postby Veur » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:25 am

It's okay :) When I meant that everything was fine, I meant that I was able to get Windows back up without having to reinstall. I actually haven't run the game since the incident, and I probably won't until I bought a new video card to test a few things out on this spare. The spare I used doesn't have enough power to render my youtube videos so I'm sort of out of commission work wise until the new one comes in :(
Veur
Plort

Return to Technical Support