controller help

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

controller help

Postby shiningstallion » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:08 pm

I can't configure my controller within the game so I can play with it, even though it supports gamepad.

when I try to select a thing with my clicker to press a button to assign input to it, instead I just get "11038" and it doesn't say "press key to input"

there are other bugs too.

like even though my controller isn't properly programmed, X still makes it back out of menus, and the shoulder bars still make it switch from panel to panel. this makes programming difficult.

please fix these bugs?
shiningstallion
Chickadoo

Re: controller help

Postby Hatch » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:21 pm

If it isn't a xbox 360 controller try using Xpadder, map the controller to the keyboard commands and you'll be fine. Pretty sure more controller support will be in the next version.
12 year computer technician who is always glad to help ;)
Hatch
Rancher

Postby Krakob » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:42 am

Yeah, controller support is a bit wonky at the moment. Right now, Xinput controllers should work (e.g. Xbox 360, Xbox One, DualShock in InputMapper, not plug and play). Which controller are you using?
Krakob
Admin

Postby Hatch » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:20 am

After thinking about this I do realize as Xpadder is a quick solution, you may want to consider the program x360ce as it will take any (old, non-XInput compatible) gamepad and force it to read as a Xbox 360 controller.
12 year computer technician who is always glad to help ;)
Hatch
Rancher

Return to Technical Support