About the requirements...

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

About the requirements...

Postby VesaP » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:27 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased Slime Rancher, unfortunately having forgotten that the intended computer had only 2 GiB of RAM, although its i5 processor generally performs well. I tried the game on another computer with 4 GiB but that one has only a 1,90 GHz dual-core Celeron and it worked even less, it didn't seem to render at all.
. . . So, it was my mistake, but ... I wish there were a demo version that could be used for testing technical compatibility and rendering performance before puchasing.

Now, about the requirements... Could someone "in the know" please elaborate more on the requirements for GPU? The requirement is stated in terms of VRAM but I guess the truth is more complicated that that because if you have something like 8 GB of RAM and just some integrated GPU, you can satisfy the literal requirement of 512 MB VRAM if only your BIOS and/or operating system allows you to set aside or "dedicate" 512 MB or more for the GPU. ... But I hope that the stated VRAM requirement doesn't mean that it must be completely separate memory of a video card. I would imagine that at least the higher-end APUs by AMD should qualify for playing the game, and they all use the same RAM as the other processor cores (even if it be "dedicated" by BIOS settings or something).

Thanks for any helpful info,
Vesa
VesaP
Plort

Re: About the requirements...

Postby Watros » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:00 am

Our requirements state that the graphics device have at least 512 MB of dedicated VRAM, which means VRAM on the graphics device. If you have an integrated graphics device which shares system memory, it may not run.

You should be able to grab the demo of Slime Rancher on Steam to try it out.

I hope that helps!
Watros
Rancher

Re: About the requirements...

Postby VesaP » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:53 pm

Thank you. Good to hear (actually read) that a demo is available somewhere.

I'm happy to tell you that my problem seems solved: I got the program working on a computer with the following specs:

CPU & GPU: AMD A8-7410 @ 2.2 GHz
RAM: 6 GB

Happy Ranching, fellows! :-)
VesaP
Plort

Return to Technical Support