My game is crashing everytime

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

My game is crashing everytime

Postby Darkrowz » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:53 am

Hello. Well, I came to this forum because I'm experiencing a lot of crashs while I play the game. Basically everytime I'm playing, theres a time the game just freeze and then crashes, making the game game unplayable.

Details: My PC is high-end, i'm playing on epic games and I don't want do reduce the graphics, if possible I just want a fix for this, I really want to play that game...
Darkrowz
Plort

Re: My game is crashing everytime

Postby Watros » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:15 am

It sounds like it's becoming unresponsive and hanging. If that is the case, the following may help:
* Do a full virus scan - this could be caused by crudely written viruses that lock up your system's resources.
* Search for a more recent driver for your processor to install - you may have a older driver which has known compatibility issues with current software
* Go through your installed programs and uninstall anything you don't use anymore - Lots of software can have background processes that run even when you are not using it, using up system resources and causing conflicts.
* Find your startup software manager and disable everything but your antivirus from running at start up - Depending on your version of windows this will be in Task Manager or msconfig.

If those don't help, please reach out to us at https://support.slimerancher.com so we can look into this further!
Watros
Rancher

Re: My game is crashing everytime

Postby annalynn994 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:06 pm

I'm having the same issue. I play the game on a laptop, but I can run most games from medium to high level settings pretty well without any problems, such as The Sims 4, Farm Together, and Planet Coaster, to name a few. I haven't played this game in a while, and I decided to play today, and the game crashed on me at least 5 times. Also, most of my settings are on low. I never had this issue on my last laptop, and I'm sure I've played it on my newer one, which I've had for under a year, and the game has never done this to me. At one point, I was able to play for maybe around 20 mins, but then it froze up, while the music was still playing just fine in the background, and eventually it just crashed.
annalynn994
Plort

Return to Technical Support