Drone Stops working with cuberries in the grotto (xbox 1)

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Drone Stops working with cuberries in the grotto (xbox 1)

Postby BunkerGaming45 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:47 pm

My drone was working fine until I had it switch to picking up cuberries from a garden and depositing them in auto feeders. I've tried returning to the home screen on both slime rancher and xbox and neither have fixed it. I've tried picking it up and moving to different sections of the ranch and it works again. So I dont know how to fix this and I probably wont play the game anymore because of it.
BunkerGaming45
Plort

Re: Drone Stops working with cuberries in the grotto (xbox 1

Postby Watros » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:47 am

That sounds odd; so if you take out of the grotto it works, but anywhere in the grotto it won't? Where is the garden with the tree placed and where are the corrals? I would be interested in seeing if I can reproduce this.
Watros
Rancher

Postby BunkerGaming45 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:01 pm

Ok so, you are standing with your back to the main grotto entrance (the one that leads to your house) plot to your left is a maxed out corral with tabby/phosphor larges, the plot to your right is a maxed out storage unit, the plot on the lower level on the right has quantum/honey largos in a maxed out corral, btw the maxed out corrals dont have the shade upgrade, the plot directly opposite the quantum/honey largos is cuberry tree or mint mango, the plot at the bottom of the ramp is appears to make no difference, so you can make the 2 plots on the bottom level on the left side mint mango or cuberry because it doesnt seem to matter which is which
BunkerGaming45
Plort

Postby BunkerGaming45 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:03 pm

Oh, and the drones are noth up near the entrance
BunkerGaming45
Plort

Postby BunkerGaming45 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:09 pm

The drones do work if taken out of the grotto but only one will work in the grotto, the other one just kinda does the thing where it hasn't been assigned a task yet and falls asleep, fyi, I have filled it with water too and nothing happens, it's so weird. Also what "might" have broken it was that I had them unloading and selling hundreds of plorts from the storage unit into a market exchange, and I stopped it mid task and I think that's when it stopped working
BunkerGaming45
Plort

Postby BunkerGaming45 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 pm

Also the gardens are maxed out (not including Ogdens upgrades because I didnt have them at the time this happened in this playthrough)
BunkerGaming45
Plort

Postby BunkerGaming45 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:31 pm

One more thing I think you should know is that it isn't just cuberries but it just wont do anything at all, I've tried different commands but the drone continues to sleep
BunkerGaming45
Plort

Postby Watros » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:55 pm

So after you add the second drone, and it doesn't do what you've set it to, if you remove the first drone, then does it start its task? Or does setting its task after you've remove the first get it to start?

Also, do you have any tech placed in the grotto you don't have in the other areas? I'm wondering if that may be a factor.
Watros
Rancher

Postby BunkerGaming45 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:52 pm

I've tried what you suggested about removing the first drone, it does not work. I've removed the first drone and reset the second and nothing happens. I've tried removing my plort market link and resetting the second drone while the first drone is removed but still, nothing happens.
BunkerGaming45
Plort

Postby BunkerGaming45 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Ok, so I played around and think I figured out that the problem was the auto feeder in the phosphor/ tabby corral was filled with mint mangos and because cuberries are their favourite (dictating where the drone would deliver them) it caused the drone to bug out because there was no room in the auto feeder (destination)
BunkerGaming45
Plort

Postby Watros » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Ah ok, so there wasn't a valid target, good to know! Thank you!
Watros
Rancher

Return to Technical Support