PS4 Game freeze randomly each time.

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

PS4 Game freeze randomly each time.

Postby DamiFides » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:30 pm

Hey! Been playing this game for a long time now and the lag were always there when I had lots of slime on my farm. At first I assumed those lags and freezes were because of my old PS4 but now I still freeze on a new game on a PS4 Pro! This is really annoying and getting me out of the mood to play the game. Especially when I lose a ton of stuff when it does freeze! Please look into this because I'm not the only one to have this issue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/slimerancher/c ... y_session/

Keep up the good work though!
DamiFides
Plort

Re: PS4 Game freeze randomly each time.

Postby Sydercel » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:58 am

Hi, just want to add my story.

I bought the game yesterday on my PS4 (not pro) and I have been playing for like 3 hours before the game started to lag... I'm pretty sure it's happens because of the number of Slime.
When the slimes are not on the screen that's fine, it's smooth but whenever I turn the camera and I see multiple slims far away, it starts to lag...
It's so annoying aha, because I have like a routine everyday and it's not really nice to watch because of the lags.

I have seen people who can adjust their settings on PC to reduce quality and it helps. Do you, Monomi Park, considering an option like that for all the PS4 players ?
Just want to know if the PS4 will be playing the game perfectly one day or I would do better to play on my computer with the Steam version ? :)

Also, players on PS4, do you have that problem ?

Thanks for your time !
Sydercel
Plort

Re: PS4 Game freeze randomly each time.

Postby Watros » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:01 am

Something to look into is rebuilding the database on your PS4; more often than not, database fragmentation appears to at least be one of the contributing factors for this. In many cases it will resolve this sort of issue completely.

It's also a good idea to make sure you are completely closing out of other apps to ensure that resources are not being tied up.

In more extreme cases, factory resets can also resolve this, but we very much suggest reaching out to Sony's support to be advised on if/when/how to do this.

If these issues are still persisting, it can be helpful to collect the following information an send it to https://support.slimerancher.com along with as much additional information as you can reasonably provide (specific areas or circumstances you see the issue occur in)
* PS4 Model Number
* System Software version
* Available Storage at the time of the issue
* Slime Rancher Version

I hope that is helpful!
Watros
Rancher

Return to Technical Support