Gold Slimes not dropping plorts

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Gold Slimes not dropping plorts

Postby Farang12 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:53 pm

My husband and I have both had gold slimes not drop any plorts upon being hit.
He was playing Rush mode and popped a Gold gordo. He then proceeded to shoot Gilded Ginger at the mass of Gold slimes. Many were hit but no plorts dropped.
I have been playing adventure mode and hit a gold slime with an odd onion. Again no plorts dropped and the gold slime dissapeared.
This seems to be a recent development as of Friday. I got a Gold plort on Thursday without issue.
Has this issue been recorded? Is anyone else having this issue?
Farang12
Plort

Re: Gold Slimes not dropping plorts

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Issue is clear from your statement, gold slimes produce plorts under 2 methods, feeding or contact with a food item they can’t eat. Gilded gingers are their diet, so contact isn’t enough and it must be eaten, odd onions are not part of the diet and as such must only make contact.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Farang12 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:10 am

I don't understand your message. What is clearly the issue? Can you please further explain because this is what I know/have experienced.

By what I have previously experienced and also by what is written on the wikia page Gold slimes will drop plorts when hit by anything that is not a slime science resource. Last gold plort I received I believe I hit it with a pogofruit or a carrot. I can't remember as I had both on me.

Also the gold slimes did eat my husbands gilded ginger. He brought 11 to the gordo. It takes three to pop. He shot the rest at the slimes and when they disapeared there were no plorts and only three gilded ginger left. That means they ate 5. He doesn't have sure shot so he should have had 15 gold plorts waiting for him. Instead he had zero and lost out on 8 gilded ginger.

So what again is the problem? Because it seems to me that there is something glitchy going on. Thanks in advance
Farang12
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:29 am

my explanation loses its possibility with the information you have now said.

gold slimes need to eat a gilded ginger to produce plorts, which is different from every other food item. if they counted it as everything else they wouldn't get a chance to eat it before they rocketed off. what you said in your first post was they were hit by it and didn't produce plorts, which would not have been a bug.

what you are now saying (which doesn't contradict your original statement, although it sets your first one to be misleading in wording.) does prove this to be a bug, as you should have gotten 5 plorts per ginger (sure-shot doesn't apply to gingers.)
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Farang12 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:53 pm

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry my original post was misleading.
It's interesting that gold slimes will drop a plort when hit by any food other than a gold ginger but will disappear if hit by said item rather than eaten. I didn't know that it had to be eaten before. I always figured it would still drop a single plort like with any other food. I will definitely keep that in mind while playing!
Hopefully the bug is fixed soon. Thanks again!
Farang12
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:17 pm

Happy I could try to help, and it is a neat detail. To note they can also count unripened fruit as a food item as well.
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby CoasterMan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:55 am

Similar to how a slime doesn't eat as soon as it spawns, a gold slime can't produce plorts as soon as it spawns, you have to wait a bit
CoasterMan
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:27 pm

CoasterMan wrote:Similar to how a slime doesn't eat as soon as it spawns, a gold slime can't produce plorts as soon as it spawns, you have to wait a bit

The time is generally too short to cause this issue, let alone this many times.
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to Technical Support