Suggestions

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Suggestions

Postby CherryFlavoredPepsi » Wed May 08, 2019 11:26 pm

With all of the new updates dealing with the other ranchers I would love having more lore. We could use emails to develop them the same way we did Casey. With Casey, world-based progressions gave you more emails. With the others, you could get more emails after reaching certain goals relating to their ranch objects. For example:

Ogden has Kookadobas.
With the first three goals, you get the rewards for the garden and then after giving him another 100 kookadoba you could get the first email. The kookadoba requirements would grow exponentially so it would be increasingly harder to get deeper secrets in his backstory.

All of the characters would have this to flesh them out more. After reaching the end of their story threads their last email could happen after 6 hours and invite you to their ranch. The next time you went through their teleport it would show you a special cutscene with that person? Not neccessarily an animated thing but an image with bea and the person.

On a different subject- I don't know if monomi park is planning on making more world sections ie. indigo quarry, moss blanket, etc. but if they did my main concern would be where it went. I think we could add something off of the side of the ancient ruins and/or somewhere near the tabby teleport to the overgrowth.

I personally would love to gain access to other ranchers worlds though teleports but that seems like a very large project. Creating areas like the wilds where it only adds one slime and one new plant in a world section seems like an interesting idea to not have to create a whole other map for each. I am unsure how much longer monomi plans to work on slime rancher so a project where they developed the other ranchers worlds seems like a HUGE stretch.

With new slimes and plants everybody mentions underwater aspects or ice etc. Personally I'd love to have more plant types or chickens. We currently only have fruit trees and root-type vegetables, and I think it would be interesting to get a vine or flower type plant. Certain slimes could only be able to eat elders or have multiple different types of roostros. With more roostros you could put two different types of chickens (one hen hen and one roostro that don't match) and they would create both types to trim down on the space needed for coops but also you would get less chickens per type.

What could also be interesting is more events like the solar anomalies. If we could have a rain cycle that happened once every 3 or so days they could spawn puddle slimes and spice up peoples usual runs. Rain could block off areas by randomly generating one or two blockades that would disappear when the rain was over. It would make it an interesting challenge to traverse the world, especially in the early game when you haven't unlocked all of the slime gates yet and force players to use the alternate roots that don't get used on the map.

Anyways those are my ideas! Respond with other ideas or criticisms.
CherryFlavoredPepsi
Chickadoo

Re: Suggestions

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Nice ideas, although I do also think this would take a long time to add.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Doodlebob14 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:23 am

i have another suggestion (idk how to post just a regular message)

Multiplayer Slime Rancher. Now this might seem like it's weird bc there's only one character, but hear me out. Maybe, with this, there could be a new male character, and/or we could customize Beatrix. It would be really interesting to see her w/ different skin colors, hair colors, and eye colors. The player could make a server that can have people who play it on PC, PS4, and Xbox, or just have people make servers only for their platform. Imagine you're in a tough situation, and you're trapped. Your friend could just travel over to where you are and help out. Maybe the player could share newbucks with the person playing with them. There could also be a level of security on servers people make. They could choose to add a password, and if someone gets the password wrong too many times, they're not allowed to join the server. It would really boost the gameplay, and make it even more amazing than it already is. But, I still adore Slime Rancher either way, and I just wanted to get my thoughts out.
Doodlebob14
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat May 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Doodlebob14 wrote:i have another suggestion (idk how to post just a regular message)

Multiplayer Slime Rancher. Now this might seem like it's weird bc there's only one character, but hear me out. Maybe, with this, there could be a new male character, and/or we could customize Beatrix. It would be really interesting to see her w/ different skin colors, hair colors, and eye colors. The player could make a server that can have people who play it on PC, PS4, and Xbox, or just have people make servers only for their platform. Imagine you're in a tough situation, and you're trapped. Your friend could just travel over to where you are and help out. Maybe the player could share newbucks with the person playing with them. There could also be a level of security on servers people make. They could choose to add a password, and if someone gets the password wrong too many times, they're not allowed to join the server. It would really boost the gameplay, and make it even more amazing than it already is. But, I still adore Slime Rancher either way, and I just wanted to get my thoughts out.

And in response to this i would direct you to the pinned thread on the steam forums by monomi park for this highly suggested feature that can be summed up to the following.

"We dont intend to add multiplayer within the forseeable future. While it is not ruled out, we intend to continue to develop the game as a single player experience."
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Doodlebob14 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Oh, okay. I didn't see that.
Doodlebob14
Plort

Postby Spooky » Tue May 28, 2019 1:06 am

I think it would be cool if as a slime science you could make chicken nests like the ones that you can find in the wild.
Spooky
Plort

Postby Noggy05 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:42 pm

Doodlebob14 wrote:i have another suggestion (idk how to post just a regular message)

EmeraldPlay wrote:no
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby MoonLight1592 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:39 pm

My suggestion is Slime NASA. Basically the is another part of the ranch that extends from the science lab where you can create different tiered rockets from materials from the refinery but are very expensive and you can create rocket fuel then you can go to different planets and find new slimes and new materials and food and if you want to ranch them or turn them into largos you need to buy an expensive corall upgrade called an environment changer where you can change the environment inside the corall to suit the different space slimes.
MoonLight1592
Plort

Postby arisflowers » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:56 pm

Will editable signposts ever be added to the roadmap? It seems like a very Minecraft question, but I would love to be able to label my teleporters (just the picture is not always helpful when I'm in a rush, and I have so many!) and certain special places around the planet; or even a sign to give my ranch a custom name. Micro-editing/customizing powers really make it for me in a game.

EDIT:
I am also obsessed with the Slime Sea. I would love to be able to travel under the ocean and look for more water-based Slimes and Slime Science gadgets. Adding a scuba upgrade to the VacPack would be my DREAM.
I must go down to the seas again,
for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may
not be denied
arisflowers
Plort

Postby Noggy05 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:46 am

arisflowers wrote:I am also obsessed with the Slime Sea. I would love to be able to travel under the ocean and look for more water-based Slimes and Slime Science gadgets. Adding a scuba upgrade to the VacPack would be my DREAM.

Unfortunately, the Slime Sea is meant to act as an impenetrable barrier around the world, and with the current physics making water denser than every slime it just wouldn't be feasible.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:39 am

Noggy05 wrote:
arisflowers wrote:I am also obsessed with the Slime Sea. I would love to be able to travel under the ocean and look for more water-based Slimes and Slime Science gadgets. Adding a scuba upgrade to the VacPack would be my DREAM.

Unfortunately, the Slime Sea is meant to act as an impenetrable barrier around the world, and with the current physics making water denser than every slime it just wouldn't be feasible.
Maybe an in land sea or something like that
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Noggy05 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:40 am

SlimeCone99 wrote:Unfortunately, the Slime Sea is meant to act as an impenetrable barrier around the world, and with the current physics making water denser than every slime it just wouldn't be feasible.
Maybe an in land sea or something like that[/quote]
We all have 'just no' moments. Take EmeraldPlay with multiplayer for example. My 'just no' is entering the Slime Sea, so I'm going to say no and leave it at that.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:34 am

Noggy05 wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:Unfortunately, the Slime Sea is meant to act as an impenetrable barrier around the world, and with the current physics making water denser than every slime it just wouldn't be feasible.

We all have 'just no' moments. Take EmeraldPlay with multiplayer for example. My 'just no' is entering the Slime Sea, so I'm going to say no and leave it at that.[/quote]What happened with your quote?
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Noggy05 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:57 pm

SlimeCone99 wrote:
Noggy05 wrote:

We all have 'just no' moments. Take EmeraldPlay with multiplayer for example. My 'just no' is entering the Slime Sea, so I'm going to say no and leave it at that.
What happened with your quote?[/quote]
something not fun
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Return to General Discussion