Will new features be compatible?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Will new features be compatible?

Postby TheFarFarRange » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:56 pm

Hey! First I'd like to say congrats on 2 Mil copies!
I've been playing on a save file for a long time, (almost on day 200) and I don't have any plans on creating a new save file as I like to just expand and grow on the save file I currently play on. Will the new updates be compatible? I'm especially worried about things like the decorizer as its part of the 7Zee Rewards club, so if I'm passed the 7Zee Rewards Club level it will be unlocked on when its released, will I still get it? Idk, I may be overthinking things, but, the updates seem awesome and I don't want to restart the game/miss out on the updates.
TheFarFarRange
Plort

Re: Will new features be compatible?

Postby Quixik » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:56 am

I wouldnt worry about it, I myself have extreme save, i have it from version 0.2.4b and over 700 days and it never broke so it will be alright
Quixik
Chickadoo

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:16 am

I think I started on or near 0.4. I have my primary save from that time, and a secondary I started after 1.0 was released.

Monomi has said that, during the beta versions, they would strive to maintain compatibility, but some things might not work as upgrades are released. With the advent of 1.0.0, maintaining compatibility became critical. I think if anything was dropped, it would come with a good and thorough explanation, but I do not see that happening.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:40 pm

Only once has compatibility been an issue, and that was when the taming bell was added in 0.4.0, saves prior to that didn't recieve the 0.4.0 content (although I think they recieved the 0.5.0 content later on.) And monomi has striven to prevent such from happening again.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to General Discussion