BOb Theory (Idk where to put this really)

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

BOb Theory (Idk where to put this really)

Postby AranaAGF » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:16 am

So, BOb is that one "rancher" who seems to be the odd one out. Of course, we all know that Bob (I'm going to just spell his name properly now,) is a bunch of slimes in a trench coat. Or is he?

So one thing that bothers me about him (though I adore him,) is that how in the world are these slimes smart enough to do this stuff? We have not seen any other slime that has the smarts to do this sort of stuff (though the Quantum Slimes are the closest we have to truly intelligible slimes, if we go by the fact that they can solve the rubux cube,) and these slimes are Pinks, which, in my opinion, are the most lacking in intelligence. So what gives?

Well, for a while now, I've had this idea that Bob... is human, or at the very least- and this is kinda stretching the logic of the game here- some kind of sentient life, which could be (don't judge me here,) half-slime.

Now why do I believe this? Well, it all comes down to a pattern that I've noticed with the other ranchers. You know how we sometimes get rumors in the loading screen? Well, three of the five rumors are actually true (warning, a little spoilery here...) For instance, Hobson and Thora are in love, though Hobson technically has not disappeared if we are lead to believe that he is living with Thora now; Mochi is, in fact, having trouble communicating with her father; and Ogden did run a insta-food company. Going along this pattern, we can be lead to believe that Viktor did, in fact, create and destroy a plort-duplicating machine.

What I'm saying is, if this pattern is true for the main ranchers, then it should be true for Bob as well.

Now why would Bob use Pink Slimes in a trenchcoat in the trading calls and the awful typing skills? Well, I have a suspicion that he may have not had the training to type well, or that he is incredibly shy towards new people. I also think he may have, stay with me here, been born on the Far, Far Range. Let's face it, we don't really know how many ranchers actually live on the planet, (the Slimepedia leads one to believe that there has been far more than we meet,) and we could only be in contact with the closest ranchers.

If Bob is incredibly shy, the odd typing and stand-in-slimes could also be him making a persona until he trusts Beatrix, or just has been keeping for a while.

But who really knows? Only the developers, and they haven't given us that many clues.
Murp!
AranaAGF
Chickadoo

Re: BOb Theory (Idk where to put this really)

Postby SlimeCone99 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:34 am

ooooooooorrrr it's just a bunch of stacked slimes
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:49 am

Oh and welcome to the forums... Again?

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby AranaAGF » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:53 am

I'm on here off and on a lot. But thanks for the welcome!
Murp!
AranaAGF
Chickadoo

Postby SlimeCone99 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:57 am

It would be cool if you made more theories

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:58 am

oh and your post is in the right place

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Return to General Discussion