farm bugged?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

farm bugged?

Postby wikusaurus » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:57 pm

so ive been playing slime rancher for a few in game days when suddenly the farm stop working, it just stop spawning fruit and veggies, does anyone have the same problem with mine?
sometime i need to shoot more than 20 fruit to get it work
for example;
i plant a pogofruit, the tree spawned but there were no "little pogofruit" attached to the trees, i keep it for a few days then the tree suddenly despawned, i tried to shoot more pogofruit until the "little pogofruit" are seen attached to the tree.
wikusaurus
Plort

Re: farm bugged?

Postby Echo1Echo2 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:24 pm

I actually believe that's how it is supposed to work. Just shoot whatever plant you want into it until you see a visual of the plant on the tree or farmland.
(small red dots on trees and for the farmland just look until you see the vegetable's leaves or colors)

Still not entirely sure though.
Echo1Echo2
Plort

Postby Ryuuken » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:45 pm

I talked about this in my feedback, but didn't get a solid answer about it.
Though, last time I planted stuff, I just fired the crop into the container once or twice.
Seems to pop up ok each day, for now.
Ryuuken
Plort

Postby Ashex » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:47 pm

For me I would always get the tree or plant tops to show up, but in the instance of my carrot crops they would all drop from the sky right on/near the steps leading down from the plateau with the cabin on it onto the main level. So some would wind up wedged underneath the steps until they decayed and then eventually despawned. . . just means that they're for decoration at this point while I continue my frantic bouts of foraging.
Ashex
Plort

Postby coten » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:59 pm

it's definitely hard to see fruit growing on the trees right now. i'd imagine it'll be changed so that growing fruits are drawn on the screen in front of leaves.

also, it seems to me that the amount of items you get from a garden can be somewhat random, especially after reaping the latest crop. i've seen wildly different amounts of stems showing up after firing several carrots into the spout. sometimes I get 5, sometimes I get 12, sometimes I get 18... it's odd.
Last edited by coten on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coten
Chickadoo

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:11 pm

wikusaurus wrote:i plant a pogofruit, the tree spawned but there were no "little pogofruit" attached to the trees, i keep it for a few days then the tree suddenly despawned, i tried to shoot more pogofruit until the "little pogofruit" are seen attached to the tree.

This is intentional - Plants don't last forever, and despawn after a while.

After that, only shoot in once again, so that the tree re-appears, the fruits will come again soon. You don't have to keep shooting until they reappear.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby TheGeneral » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:30 am

What I've found with the farms is the more you shoot in the longer the plant lasts and the more it yields. Because I haven't really played the game too much I haven't seen the possible bug.
TheGeneral
Plort

Postby Yama » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:11 am

I don't mind reseeding after harvesting.
What buggs me is that the nutrient soil upgrade does not work properly. It supposed to give you the highest possible yield per seeding but that does not happen by itself.
Yo still need to keep reseeding untill you get the biggest visual representation. Just takes too many tries.
Yama
Chickadoo

Postby Hammerfan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:08 am

As of now, from my experience, the trees of "Rare" fruit (Cuberies and Mint Mangoes) are just WAY too unreliable to bother with in farms.

Compared to Pogofruit they grow so slowly its not even worth it to get a "Rare" fruit tree over the regular Pogofruit ones. They just grow too slowly by comparison.

The same applies to Heart Beets, they just arent worth it over carrots due to how slowly they grow.

A way to fix (IMO) this would be to make "Rare" fruit and vegetables grow as fast as (or slightly slower than) Pogofruit, but require some kind of special need you need to take care of.
Hammerfan
Plort

Postby azukibean » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:02 am

I'm finding today that nothing will last more than one harvest. Carrots, pogos, cubes... I haven't been able to get any of them to produce for more than the first time, no matter how much stuff I shoot into the portal afterward. Switching what I grow seems to work about 50% of the time.
azukibean
Plort

Postby KitsuneRyo » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:56 pm

So.... I'm having a similar bug. Only, my cuberry tree produces NOTHING, but cuberries rain from the sky every time I enter my ranch area! I haven't been able to grow a single heart beet though.
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby wikusaurus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:35 pm

azukibean wrote:I'm finding today that nothing will last more than one harvest. Carrots, pogos, cubes... I haven't been able to get any of them to produce for more than the first time, no matter how much stuff I shoot into the portal afterward. Switching what I grow seems to work about 50% of the time.

yea, same thing happens to me too, it seems the farm need to be destroyed first, rebuild and start planting again, but i haven't test it, switching farm plants indeed works, but not always.
wikusaurus
Plort

Postby wikusaurus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:38 pm

Hammerfan wrote:As of now, from my experience, the trees of "Rare" fruit (Cuberies and Mint Mangoes) are just WAY too unreliable to bother with in farms.

Compared to Pogofruit they grow so slowly its not even worth it to get a "Rare" fruit tree over the regular Pogofruit ones. They just grow too slowly by comparison.

The same applies to Heart Beets, they just arent worth it over carrots due to how slowly they grow.

A way to fix (IMO) this would be to make "Rare" fruit and vegetables grow as fast as (or slightly slower than) Pogofruit, but require some kind of special need you need to take care of.

all of my plants only takes one day to grow and ready to be harvested, but after a while they just stop producing, sometime i need to shoot all of my harvested plants to make it works again
wikusaurus
Plort

Postby Soeveth » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:27 pm

I believe the the bug is with the upgrades.

I noticed my farms were acting funny so I decided to use some testing

bought 4 brand new farms
farm 1 - no upgrades
farm 2 - Nutrient soil
farm 3 - Sprinkler
farm 4- Nutrient soil and sprinkler

@~ 19:00 seeded farms with pogofruit within ~ 10 seconds of each other

1 within 10 in game hours first harvest was done

farm 1 had 18 fruits
farm 2 had 17 fruits
farm 3 didnt even have fruits on the tree
farm 4 didnt have any either

ok so I thought the issue is with the sprinklers

left farms for another 12 hours in game
time ~20:00
farm 1 has fruit on tree and is almost ready to harvest
farm 2 has very small buds on tree no where near rdy
farm 3 has grown and dropped 17 fruit
farm 4 has grown and dropped 13 fruit

@3:00 farm 1 dropped 13 fruit
@5:20 farm 2 dropped 9 fruit
@8:30 farm 3 dropped 14 fruit
@9:30 farm 4 dropped 7 fruit

So my conclusion is that the math formula used to determine fruit rate growth is incorrect. by best guess is that the devs are *.5 for speed and amount per upgrade when it should be *1.5. So right now I think its bests not to use any upgrades on farms/Maybe coops. Granted I have a limited dataset and my theory about the amounts could be wrong.

what I do know is that farms with the sprinklers seem to grow twice as slow and farms with the Nutrient soil seem to be producing less fruit when it should be more.
Soeveth
Plort

Postby wikusaurus » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:11 am

Soeveth wrote:I believe the the bug is with the upgrades.

I noticed my farms were acting funny so I decided to use some testing

bought 4 brand new farms
farm 1 - no upgrades
farm 2 - Nutrient soil
farm 3 - Sprinkler
farm 4- Nutrient soil and sprinkler

@~ 19:00 seeded farms with pogofruit within ~ 10 seconds of each other

1 within 10 in game hours first harvest was done

farm 1 had 18 fruits
farm 2 had 17 fruits
farm 3 didnt even have fruits on the tree
farm 4 didnt have any either

ok so I thought the issue is with the sprinklers

left farms for another 12 hours in game
time ~20:00
farm 1 has fruit on tree and is almost ready to harvest
farm 2 has very small buds on tree no where near rdy
farm 3 has grown and dropped 17 fruit
farm 4 has grown and dropped 13 fruit

@3:00 farm 1 dropped 13 fruit
@5:20 farm 2 dropped 9 fruit
@8:30 farm 3 dropped 14 fruit
@9:30 farm 4 dropped 7 fruit

So my conclusion is that the math formula used to determine fruit rate growth is incorrect. by best guess is that the devs are *.5 for speed and amount per upgrade when it should be *1.5. So right now I think its bests not to use any upgrades on farms/Maybe coops. Granted I have a limited dataset and my theory about the amounts could be wrong.

what I do know is that farms with the sprinklers seem to grow twice as slow and farms with the Nutrient soil seem to be producing less fruit when it should be more.

you're right about those upgrades, i've downgraded my farm now but still the problem when replanting the plants exist, not sure why i can't plant anything after a few harvest
wikusaurus
Plort

Postby KitsuneRyo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:32 am

Now I'm not able to get any crops from gardens... no plants work.
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby loki88 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:27 am

SpiralRancher02 wrote:
wikusaurus wrote:i plant a pogofruit, the tree spawned but there were no "little pogofruit" attached to the trees, i keep it for a few days then the tree suddenly despawned, i tried to shoot more pogofruit until the "little pogofruit" are seen attached to the tree.

This is intentional - Plants don't last forever, and despawn after a while.

After that, only shoot in once again, so that the tree re-appears, the fruits will come again soon. You don't have to keep shooting until they reappear.

I don't think it's the "after X number of harvests you must re-seed" thing going on.
I'm currently experiencing a bug where after one garden reaches the re-seed point ALL of my gardens die at once with it. When I go to re-seed to garden plants will not grow at all (it also seems to stop plants out in the range from growing for a few days as well, or some at all (tested over 4 in game days and some places grew NOTHING) when trying to re-seed gardens with carrots the superficial tufts of grass will appear but no carrot tops (nothing grows even after a few days) when trying to re-seed with pogos the tree will appear with no little pogo "buds" and again nothing will grow even after a few days. (I've wasted full stacks of 30 of each carrot and pogo trying to get it to re-seed properly and still nothing)

This seems to be a bug with the re-seeding system not working properly. It would appear that it's getting stuck on "de-spawn" and not allowing new plants to grow, which seems to be affecting the world as a whole and not just the gardens.

The old "save then reload" doesn't work. next thing I'm going to try is to demolish all of my crop plots, save and reload, then try building them again which is a royal pain...

If that doesn't work everything is getting cross-bred with pink slimes or tabbies and eating chicken for the rest of their lives...
loki88
Plort

Postby Buttershark » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:27 pm

azukibean wrote:I'm finding today that nothing will last more than one harvest. Carrots, pogos, cubes... I haven't been able to get any of them to produce for more than the first time, no matter how much stuff I shoot into the portal afterward. Switching what I grow seems to work about 50% of the time.

I'm having the same problem. And the game crashes every time I try to re-seed a Mintmango tree. So far, I'm finding the crops unharvestable, and unyielding.
Buttershark
Plort

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:00 pm

Both gardens sometimes malfunctioning and the ranch expansions losing your slimes, etc. are known issues and will be fixed in a future update. Thanks for your patience.
Nick
Developer

Return to General Discussion