Some ideas after playing the game

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Some ideas after playing the game

Postby KainHunter » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:39 am

Greetings Monomi-Park-Team,

I have played your game for almost six hours and enjoyed it, besides of its early stage status.
The Slime-Ranch idea reminded me of Dragon Quest Series meets Minecraft Bee-Mod somehow.
I like it.
I have played it and there comes a few suggestions? Lets call it hopes/wishes/ideas in my mind.

- I really hope you build up the slime diversity, maybe hundreds of different unique and not so unique
kinds of slimes. What will I say with it ?
o For example we have the really common pink slime, maybe there are variants of it like green,
blue which depents on biome and rarity etc. they will not eat the plort of the almost same kind.
o Or very rare albino versions of the slimes. Like the Pokemon-Shinys.
o Other example the Rock-Slime. Maybe other Rock-Ore-Type Slimes iron lead etc.

- The other mechanic the largos and tarrs, which develop if a slime eat a plort from a different kind.

o I see some kind of breeding in here, I think it could be very interesting and complex when largos and
tarrs are not the only outcome of this mechanic. Maybe there could be a chance when a largo eats
the plort of another slime it will not become a tarr. It could develop into a new slime type which you
will never find outside in wilderness in normal circumstance. Because the slime Types do not meet
each other normally or refuse to eat some plort types on his own (but can be brute forced in some
way to do it) maybe you need artificial conditions. Or the largo will simply die in an explosion, which
is dangerous and annoying. Maybe the largo die and become a pile of plort. I think about different
kinds of chemical reactions and a slime develop tree with multiple branches which includes the new
slime-plorts and other largos for even more newer kinds of slimes and plorts.

o Please give us evil scientists-rancher-slimebreeder, out there, something to do. XD

- Something else is collection; in a game with different kind of slimes I have the behavior to collect
the slimes. Not only in the slimepedia.

o I have a tool/building for this in my mind, the Slime-Cryo-Thingy were you can freeze slimes for
later needs or just to build up a collection of all slimes in the world to stare at them.

- The last is the exploration.
o All the construction-signs tell me there will be a lot more and I hope so
o I hope there will be some more slime related “Quests” to open new paths besides, feed the
big-guy.
o More secrets to reveal, maybe little very good hidden and dangerous places with very rare
resourses, slimes and even blueprints for new buildings and upgrades.
o At the moment you can go out of bounds too easily especially with the jetpack, but that’s a
pre-alpha thing.

I like to see how the game develops and which way it will go in the future.

I wish you good luck, health and patience.
KainHunter
Plort

Re: Some ideas after playing the game

Postby Wholan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:32 am

I like this.
I really hope this game won't die in pre-alphas like so many others.
Sorry for typos!
my slimes: click
Wholan
Rancher

Re: Some ideas after playing the game

Postby Heather » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:32 pm

Welcome to the community KainHunter... thanks for sharing you feedback with us.
Heather
Admin

Return to General Discussion