The Odd Onion

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

The Odd Onion

Postby Burningskull » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Started a new ranch today and had a thought. I get finding the odd onion among the carrots in nature, but shouldn't the highly advanced nano tech gardens be able to only grow odd onions? Kinda like how you have to shoot a fruit into a Phase Lemon tree to get one in nature cause they are out of time, but when you put one in the garden it can grow one in the present. Just a thought.
Burningskull
Chickadoo

Re: The Odd Onion

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Well I would argue the phase lemon example seems to take it as the wild ones are of this reality, rather than only partially appearing in it. The planted ones are rooted in our reality.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby akkamaddi » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:29 pm

I do like the idea of Odd Onions being symbiotic or parasitic, but I do think better garden plots should bump up the ratio. By the time you get the Ogden upgrade, I think a 50/50 split would be good.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Its shtick is being a pun on the phrase meaning not often. But yes I wouldn't mind it being more viable food for the Crystal Slimes. I prefer to just treat them like meat eaters and Largo them with another slime that's easier to feed.

But I like how it has the colouration and swirls similar to Billy the Puppet from the Saw series.

ImageImage
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby akkamaddi » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:24 pm

@GravityCat... your post hit me like a ton of bricks....

I really didn't realize that. Now I feel derp. ;-)
akkamaddi
Rancher

Return to General Discussion