Game stops you collecting more plorts than you can carry.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Game stops you collecting more plorts than you can carry.

Postby Mystic4ss4ssin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:18 pm

Bit of a lazy one if im honest but helpful never the less. A feature that physically stops you from pulling out more plorts then you can carry in your hotbar so for example i got 50 pink plorts so now i physically cant pull anymore out of the plort collector. So many times i have pulled out too many and my ocd just goes crazy i have to put some back just to collect the 2 that hit the floor. Anyway thats enough of me ranting.
Mystic4ss4ssin
Plort

Re: Game stops you collecting more plorts than you can carry

Postby GravityCat » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:13 pm

The only problem with this is the timing of when the cutoff point would be activated. Your suggestion means it would only cut off when the game notices your vacpack is full, but if you're mid-suckage and the vacpack gets full, that still means a small stream of plorts will follow behind the 50th plort that's taken up your vac tank. With nowhere to go, they would just fall to the floor anyway.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:25 pm

GravityCat wrote:The only problem with this is the timing of when the cutoff point would be activated. Your suggestion means it would only cut off when the game notices your vacpack is full, but if you're mid-suckage and the vacpack gets full, that still means a small stream of plorts will follow behind the 50th plort that's taken up your vac tank. With nowhere to go, they would just fall to the floor anyway.

only way i could see it working around that is checking the stream count as well, which is a line of code they can pretty much copy and paste from one of the achievements.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby GravityCat » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:only way i could see it working around that is checking the stream count as well, which is a line of code they can pretty much copy and paste from one of the achievements.

Sounds easy enough in theory, but what about in practise?
The1AndOnlyMike

GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:51 pm

GravityCat wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:only way i could see it working around that is checking the stream count as well, which is a line of code they can pretty much copy and paste from one of the achievements.

hardest part i can think of is the amount of checks that would be needed to make it reasonably functional, which is more tedious than difficult from my own experience. and to be honest, my works are usually inefficient in that regard.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby GravityCat » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:02 am

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
GravityCat wrote:

hardest part i can think of is the amount of checks that would be needed to make it reasonably functional, which is more tedious than difficult from my own experience. and to be honest, my works are usually inefficient in that regard.

It would be much easier to do if the physical items weren't pulled when vaccing them out of the collectors
The1AndOnlyMike

GravityCat
Rancher

Return to General Discussion