Multiplayer on Ps4

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Multiplayer on Ps4

Postby Bananawaana12 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:28 pm

Hello fellow Slime Rancher players,

I’m a PS4 gamer, and myself and friends play Slime Rancher all the time!! We were just wondering if there is any chance we could have a Multiplayer COOP mode, or update. If that doesn’t work we should be able to, interact we others ranches, kind of like Fire emblem, where you can look around, and help others with their “ranch/ space”

I think this would be an amazing update, and bring many new players into the game!!
Bananawaana12
Plort

Re: Multiplayer on Ps4

Postby Calydor » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:42 am

As has been said many times before and is explained in the FAQ, there is no way to make multiplayer work due to the way the game's physics work.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:31 am

Calydor wrote:As has been said many times before and is explained in the FAQ, there is no way to make multiplayer work due to the way the game's physics work.

Never was stated they couldn't make it work, but your sources do say it would be difficult and not something they are willing to put resources into right now.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Calydor » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:36 am

Hush, I'm going with 'impossible' because 'difficult' leads to questions about "But what if you inverse the neutrino flow in the networking stack?"
Calydor
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:23 am

Calydor wrote:Hush, I'm going with 'impossible' because 'difficult' leads to questions about "But what if you inverse the neutrino flow in the networking stack?"

Fair.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby TrueInfernex » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:57 am

In any case, the letters from H as well as character interactions indicate the idea of being alone, perhaps they could have two game modes, Story mode (which requires completion of the letters from H first) and multiplayer.
TrueInfernex
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:26 am

TrueInfernex wrote:In any case, the letters from H as well as character interactions indicate the idea of being alone, perhaps they could have two game modes, Story mode (which requires completion of the letters from H first) and multiplayer.

About the only fix for the contradiction of the game's story's theme, but ignores every other difficulty with development.
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to General Discussion