Issues I have with the Music

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Issues I have with the Music

Postby Metro » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Ok, so let me start this off with the fact that I actually love the music in this game's soundtrack, but my main issue is how it comes to music switching.

One thing that's always bugged me is how I would be enjoying the music of, let's say the night time Moss Blanket theme, and then I come across a Tarr and the music changes to the Tarr theme. Don't get me wrong, I love the Tarr theme and all, but it interrupting other themes at seemingly random times because of how Slime interactions work, is kind of annoying. Could I suggest that you guys at Monomi Park could add an option to disable the music for Tarrs if possible?

My second concern is how in the Glass Desert, the theme that happens when a firestorm starts gets interrupted by the normal theme if you go between lifeless areas and ones that have life from that plant bud thing. I don't know if this was a bug or if it was intentional, just thought I'd share it anyway. Thanks for taking your time to read this!
Metro
Plort
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:01 pm

Re: Issues I have with the Music

Postby Noggy05 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:53 pm

You're definitely not the only one, I think lots of people would benefit from this.
Welcome (maybe) to the forums.
Clint Eastwood wrote:They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.

Half right. The thunder and lightning are from the Forums...

I'm the self-proclaimed forum morale officer!
Lionmeow made my avatar!
User avatar
Noggy05
Keeper
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 pm
Location: ailartsuA (Trapped in a mirror in Australia)

Re: Issues I have with the Music

Postby GravityCat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Metro wrote:My second concern is how in the Glass Desert, the theme that happens when a firestorm starts gets interrupted by the normal theme if you go between lifeless areas and ones that have life from that plant bud thing. I don't know if this was a bug or if it was intentional, just thought I'd share it anyway. Thanks for taking your time to read this!


This has been bugging me for a while. Being in the presence of a restored oasis during a firestorm interrupts the Desert - Firestorm track, and plays Glass Desert - Night instead. Which sucks because I stick around during firestorms for the music.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Discord!
User avatar
GravityCat
Rancher
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Issues I have with the Music

Postby Calydor » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:06 am

Off the top of my head, the solution would be to change the music to a priority list instead of calling up specific tracks on specific events. This should allow Firestorm to play always during a storm, then switch back to standard Glass Desert, unless you're in range of an active oasis.
Calydor
Rancher
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:28 am

Re: Issues I have with the Music

Postby rkane31174 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:09 pm

You have no idea how much I need this!

I love the music in the glass desert, but I get annoyed really fast when it just keeps resetting to the beginning every time it decides to switch from oasis to barren sand and back again. Even worse when a firestorm is in progress. I want to hear that awesome track, but nope! It goes straight back to the normal calm music while stuff is exploding left and right.

I can't believe it's been two major updates and several bugfix patches and this is STILL an issue. It can't be that nobody at Monomi Park has encountered this... right?
rkane31174
Plort
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:04 pm

Re: Issues I have with the Music

Postby SlimeCone99 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:35 am

rkane31174 wrote:It can't be that nobody at Monomi Park has encountered this... right?
Well I don't remember this happening to me
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
User avatar
SlimeCone99
Keeper
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:51 am
Location: In the middle of a road

Re: Issues I have with the Music

Postby Calydor » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:46 am

SlimeCone99 wrote:
rkane31174 wrote:It can't be that nobody at Monomi Park has encountered this... right?
Well I don't remember this happening to me


Then I'm sorry to say you can't have spent a lot of time in the Glass Desert.
Calydor
Rancher
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:28 am

Re: Issues I have with the Music

Postby SlimeCone99 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:24 pm

Calydor wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:
rkane31174 wrote:It can't be that nobody at Monomi Park has encountered this... right?
Well I don't remember this happening to me


Then I'm sorry to say you can't have spent a lot of time in the Glass Desert.
Maybe I just don't remember
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
User avatar
SlimeCone99
Keeper
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:51 am
Location: In the middle of a road

Re: Issues I have with the Music

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:51 pm

SlimeCone99 wrote:
Calydor wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:
rkane31174 wrote:It can't be that nobody at Monomi Park has encountered this... right?
Well I don't remember this happening to me


Then I'm sorry to say you can't have spent a lot of time in the Glass Desert.
Maybe I just don't remember

Have you been around a lot of Oases?
Profile picture made by Lionmeow
I'm finally back!!!!!!!
Also, I hate the 255 character lim-

Check out my stuff
InterestingKookadoba Collab
My first post: Mountain Slime
CLICKBAIT forum game
Relation of Objects forum game
All these are dead, by the way.
User avatar
GoldenLucky99
Treefox
 
Posts: 1122
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:23 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Issues I have with the Music

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:15 pm

GoldenLucky99 wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:
Calydor wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:
rkane31174 wrote:It can't be that nobody at Monomi Park has encountered this... right?
Well I don't remember this happening to me


Then I'm sorry to say you can't have spent a lot of time in the Glass Desert.
Maybe I just don't remember

Have you been around a lot of Oases?
Yeah
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
User avatar
SlimeCone99
Keeper
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:51 am
Location: In the middle of a road


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests