Possible Bug? Odd Behavior in Slimes

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Possible Bug? Odd Behavior in Slimes

Postby BijutsuYoukai » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:51 pm

Recently I come across something rather strange. Certain corrals of mine function perfectly normal - fully upgraded - yet others seem to cause my slimes and largos to just have a meltdown and make them attempt to break out (Also fully upgraded). Two different pens have this effect so far: The far top right coming down the stairs from the ranch house, as well as the one just diagonal to that one. It doesn't matter how much food they are given via auto-feeding or shot directly into their mouths, the slimes will continue to freak out (wide, frowning mouth and startled wide eyes - white with tiny black pupils) and constantly escape. I tested this with a few different species of slimes and largos, but have not tested EVERY breed and combination thus far. So far the following freak out in those two pens:

Boom Slimes
Phospor Slimes
Honey Rock Largos
Boom Rock Largos
Phospor Tabby Largos

The ONLY species I've seen for sure so far unaffected by these pens - or at least the second one I mentioned - are the default pink slimes. Note as I stated previously, all these pens are fully upgraded. Music box, high walls, solar shield, etc. Upon moving the affected slimes to a pen in, say, the grotto or overgrowth, they promptly settle down and act happily again. In reference to same area, the pen on the far bottom rightmost pen holds a large number of slimes/largos just fine, even when they're hungry and angry.

Is anyone else having issues with in particular pens? Is there something I am missing? I thought slimes/largos would behave and be happy so long as their dietary needs were met, as well as their environmental needs (which as far as I know only effects the Phosphor slimes). On the off chance someone thinks to suggest the boom slimes being affected due to being boom slimes, I safely kept about 6 honey boom largos in a pen in the Overgrowth with no such issues - save for the already known disappearance of slimes/largos in the two side zones.
BijutsuYoukai
Plort

Sounds famiilar...

Postby Hexlash » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Do you have a ScareSlime upgrade on a garden anywhere nearby? It scares the slimes just as a Tarr would. (Mine behaved the same way.)
Hexlash
Rancher

Re: Sounds famiilar...

Postby BijutsuYoukai » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:58 pm

Hexlash wrote:Do you have a ScareSlime upgrade on a garden anywhere nearby? It scares the slimes just as a Tarr would. (Mine behaved the same way.)

I can't believe I had never considered this. By the wording I thought it would only scare off rogue, unpenned slimes, but I do in fact have a crop with a scareslime right next to the two affected pens. I feel about silly now that I didn't realize it before. Time to some relocation it looks like. Yet I do still have to wonder why Pink slimes were unaffected by it.
BijutsuYoukai
Plort

Mystery solved... or so we thought!

Postby Hexlash » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:05 pm

That is strange! Further testing might be needed to check if it's a bug (by that I mean can you check it out and submit a bug report, because I can't haha). In any case, it might be a good idea for them to figure out a workaround so that penned slimes are not affected by scareslimes.
Hexlash
Rancher

Return to General Discussion