A question about mods

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

A question about mods

Postby BraveStarr » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:19 pm

OK, so oddly enough I just found out that there are mods for Slime Rancher. Now, bare in mind I have not done much research on the subject before posting this so I know barely anything on this which is why I am asking this here.

When I hear mods I think of GTA V and the cool stuff you can do in single player mod. This is something somewhat encouraged by the devs. But at the same time mods can also be used for cheating. In GTA V I can see how annoying it is for cheaters to cheat because its not only an online game but it's also a community game and thus their cheats affect other players. But when it comes to games like Slime Rancher I can see the enjoyment of modding for the sake of adding more entertainment to the game for personal use and because the game is not online and thus not a community game the cheats won't affect anyone so there really are no cheats for this game.

So my question is as follows. Are mods against the games policies? I'll be honest and say I haven't read the TOS or anything on the game so I'm not sure but because it's a Steam game and Steam likes to check game files for irregularities, which usually tend to be hacks, I'm wondering if it would cause me problems to try out some mods for the fun of it.

Thanks in advance.
BraveStarr
Chickadoo

Re: A question about mods

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:43 am

The devs have said they are fine with mods, as long as the mod doesnt have the purporse of adding future content that has been announced early. Example of said mod they don't support would be when dad's weren't available yet but were announced to be coming and a mod added rad slimes as accessible.

The devs have stated though they lack the resources to officially support modding through allowing easy methods to mod the game. Also note they can't help you if you try to fix something and your game is modded.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby BraveStarr » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:51 am

Purplecharmanderz wrote:The devs have said they are fine with mods, as long as the mod doesnt have the purporse of adding future content that has been announced early. Example of said mod they don't support would be when dad's weren't available yet but were announced to be coming and a mod added rad slimes as accessible.

The devs have stated though they lack the resources to officially support modding through allowing easy methods to mod the game. Also note they can't help you if you try to fix something and your game is modded.

Excellent. Thank you. I am curious to see if mods would work at all now that the game has been updated. But will be cool to see how they work.
BraveStarr
Chickadoo

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:11 am

BraveStarr wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:The devs have said they are fine with mods, as long as the mod doesnt have the purporse of adding future content that has been announced early. Example of said mod they don't support would be when dad's weren't available yet but were announced to be coming and a mod added rad slimes as accessible.

Excellent. Thank you. I am curious to see if mods would work at all now that the game has been updated. But will be cool to see how they work.

Will need to be mods that have updated. Only a couple have so far such as the pure saber and inventory editor.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to General Discussion