The Optimized Update Discussion Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: The Optimized Update Discussion Thread

Postby Bundleoslimeo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:20 pm

I've also noticed a problem, during the boot up screen after the main menu the loading screen and all freezes.

It still loads but it scared me after not playing for a while
Bundleoslimeo
Plort

Postby DarkCreature97 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:57 pm

Bundleoslimeo wrote:I've also noticed a problem, during the boot up screen after the main menu the loading screen and all freezes.

That's been happening since the first day it was added into the game. I thought it did that because I've installed it in my HDD but turns out its in my SSD. I hope they do something about it in one of the upcoming updates.
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby headspawn » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:20 pm

I'm not so sure this update improved things on the Xbox One X. Framerate seems to be way worse than before and maybe I didn't notice before but movement speed seems to also be tied to framerate, so in areas where framerate is fine (The Wilds teleport area) it takes ~3 seconds to do spin the camera around; on the other hand at The Ranch, it takes almost ~7 seconds to spin all the way around... the framerate absolutely crawls, it has to be sub-20fps for most of this area and feels like your character is running through a swamp of molasses the entire time.

Any chance that maybe we could get a framerate performance mode or a dynamic scaling resolution option that lowers automatically based on load to help maintain the framerate? It doesn't feel good to play at the moment in a lot of places.

Bundleoslimeo wrote:I've also noticed a problem, during the boot up screen after the main menu the loading screen and all freezes.

I noticed this as well, it's actually what prompted me to sign up to the forum just now because I thought my save was broken but if you let the frozen screen sit there for about a minute it finally loads in the game... it took so long to load that I kept closing out the game, thinking it had fully crashed, so I think load times may have increased.
headspawn
Plort

Postby Seandkat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:12 am

Om man what have they done? Today my game is nearly unplayable. I've been limping along through the holidays with it freezing every time I have to load a new area but today its everywhere. Constant freezing when I try to move about. It was never like this before the optimization. PC user on Steam.
Seandkat
Plort

Previous

Return to General Discussion