Can't get the game to even open ;_;

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Can't get the game to even open ;_;

Postby azukibean » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Hey guys!

Just downloaded the mac version, unzipped it, but when I open the game all I get is the icon down in my dash, bounces for a while like any opening application would... but bounces for a long time.... and then sort of dies. If I force-quit I can try again, but the game won't actually open for me, it seems. The application keeps going unresponsive before it gets anywhere.

I'm on a MacBookPro with Yosemite 10.10.5, 2.66ghz, 8g memory, NVIDIA GeForce 320m, partridge in a pear tree.
azukibean
Plort

How unfortunate :(

Postby Hexlash » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:51 pm

I have El Capitan and it works; possibly consider updating to the latest OS X if you can. I noticed the game took quite some time to load as well (especially the first time), so give it a full minute, if you haven't already.
Hexlash
Rancher

Re: Can't get the game to even open ;_;

Postby azukibean » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:20 pm

Thanks mate. :) It took 4 times before it would open (all other times and the app would stall out first.) I do notice that this game might be juuuust a bit more than my old boy can handle (he's a mid-2010 machine) but I'll bear with it. So far things are all right, though I've turned most graphics options down to low and it's still rough going. That's on me, tho, not the game.
Also, I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and find where my mouse went. Trackpad play is... getting complicated. I found a roostro first thing and then unfortunately shot him into space.
azukibean
Plort

Just noticed the patridge.

Postby Hexlash » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:29 pm

That's strange. I would assume that a Macbook Pro (and with those specs you posted), even 3 years older, would manage to out do an Air. Well, #Moore'sLaw
Hexlash
Rancher

Re: Can't get the game to even open ;_;

Postby HubblePie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:35 pm

This isn't really related to your guys' problem, but I just thought i'd throw it in here for anyone using Windows (Since I had this problem as well)
What i found works is you extract it, and then make a shortcut to the executable.
I don't know why you can't just run it from in the folder, but whatever.
HubblePie
Plort

Return to General Discussion