Quicksilver Plorts to the refinery

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Quicksilver Plorts to the refinery

Postby akkamaddi » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:01 pm

EDIT
So, it looks like you can't delete posts, but I didn't know this was possible at one point. Never mind.
EDIT

This is as much an observation as a suggestion, but I think we could get quicksilver plorts to the refinery for crafting. It could open up some new slime science items, like Miles Corp branded teleporters, a quicksilver slime lamp, or some new deco. (A Tesla coil? Or one of those plasma ball thingies that is a staple of cheesy B-grade sci fi movies? Actually, an interactive plasma ball would be really cool.)

An easy mechanism would be a dedicated refinery link in Mochi's restricted area. When you get to a certain number of plorts collected, you get a letter from her inviting you to permanently install one of your own refinery links. "You get to make cool stuff. My company gets free R&D testing!"

You would use one of your links because Mochi be Mochi. From a narrative standpoint, the permanent installation would "let her rach's computer monitor your deposits". It would even make sense if you have to pay a small fee (10NB?) for each plort, because Mochi be Mochi. You would only be able to deposit quicksilver plorts because you don't have access to your equipment after the security screen.

From a game mechanics, you cannot extract a plort from the refinery, so you can't do anything with the plorts outside the secure area. (You can't try to feed them to your slimes.) You cannot sell the plorts directly on the market. You would only be able to deposit/buy them in Mochi's area, and then craft with them in your own area.

No largos would have to be designed, and it would fit within the narrative.
Last edited by akkamaddi on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Re: Quicksilver Plorts to the refinery

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:19 pm

Would undo some work donw by the devs already though. At one point you could place them into the refinery legitimately, how ever refineries no longer accept the quick silver plorts. So while an interesting idea I would stand by, the fact the devs changed it to refineries not accepting them has some potential clashes in opinions on the subject...
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby akkamaddi » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:14 am

I never knew they could be placed in the refineries! Was there a machine point in Mochi's area?

I can delete this post, then, but I'm curious when/how this was possible.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:19 am

It was possible with clever placement of a warp depot.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby GravityCat » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:30 am

I took GIFs of the exploit before it was patched. Well I call it exploit, they were useless outside of Mochi's content.

The thing I'm most bummed about is no more Quicksilver Plort fireworks on the Ranch.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Calydor » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:58 am

That's pretty neat, actually.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:10 am

I think that maybe if you took plorts out, Mochi would hack your tech and no stop until you return them.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby z0mbiesrock » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:05 am

Quicksilver Plorts are basically useless once you unlock the manor.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby akkamaddi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:53 pm

z0mbiesrock wrote:Quicksilver Plorts are basically useless once you unlock the manor.

That was actually the idea behind this. They pay reasonably well, but you get to the point where you don't really need cash.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Return to General Discussion