Suggestions

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Suggestions

Postby Vile » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:06 pm

Slimes can die from starvation. Simple enough, if you don't feed your slimes they die.

Slimes besides Tarr can attack other slimes. This can be handled several ways such as slimes that eat other slimes for food, slimes that dislike being near certain slime types, or just by being the very nature of slimes such as Boom slimes and Rad slimes.

Slimes can periodically or at night go to you base and eat up your food. This gives Scareslime upgrade more use, but may pose a problem with Coops so maybe add Scareslime to Coops as well.

Once the game has more fleshed out areas increase prices for upgrades/new areas significantly, while having starting slimes give less money and end game slimes give much more money. Also the game currently makes plorts you sell often have less value, it would be a good idea that prices keep dropping if keep farming that type of plort until the value is next to nothing. This would keep players having multiple slime types and/or have rotation in their slime farms.

Possible slime reproduction to create same type of slimes or slime combination. Currently Puddle slimes cannot be mixed with other slimes, maybe through reproduction you can mix these slimes.

Multiplayer. Currently I don't feel like the game is up for multiplayer, maybe once the game is more complete or challenging would multiplayer be viable.

Have day and night affect slimes one way or another, such as slimes that like dark areas only give plorts in the dark and others in the light, gives more use to the caves and solar shield.

The range exchange can serve as a quest giver having the same fuctionality but starting with predetermined quest and rewards to help players starting out (but not too much) and progress such as unlocking the ranch upgrades little by little and once you finish all the quest it would give randomised quest and rewards such as what it currently does. Could also serve in progressing story when it's added.

Have certain foods be poisonous to certain slimes.

That's all I have for now, if I have anything else I'll be sure to post it.

BTW the slimes remind me a lot of Dragon Quest slimes especially after playing through Rocket Slime the amount of slimes in that game is incredible.
Vile
Plort

Please make a better title for your threads.

Postby Wonda » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:37 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Here are my opinions on your suggestions:

Slimes besides Tarr can attack other slimes. This can be handled several ways such as slimes that eat other slimes for food, slimes that dislike being near certain slime types, or just by being the very nature of slimes such as Boom slimes and Rad slimes.

With the exception of the future "Hunter Slime," I find slimes hunting slimes would be a terrible addition. Unless they were feral.

Once the game has more fleshed out areas increase prices for upgrades/new areas significantly,

I also agree, but balancing is a thing for the future, once more concepts come.

Possible slime reproduction to create same type of slimes or slime combination...maybe through reproduction you can mix these slimes.
Multiplayer.
Slimes can die from starvation.

We may not need these things for the game in its current state, although thanks for the ideas.

The range exchange can serve as a quest giver having the same functionality but starting with predetermined quest and rewards to help players starting out (but not too much) and progress such as unlocking the ranch upgrades little by little and once you finish all the quest it would give randomized quest and rewards such as what it currently does. Could also serve in progressing story when it's added.

More incentive to use the exchange would be helpful, but the nature of the current exchange prevents key events to exist.

BTW the slimes remind me a lot of Dragon Quest slimes especially after playing through Rocket Slime the amount of slimes in that game is incredible.

Any slime is adorable.
Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Return to General Discussion