i have done everything, this is my story and thoughts.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

i have done everything, this is my story and thoughts.

Postby cowZ » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:39 pm

So to start i love the game even though i am normally a competitive gamer this was a nice fun experience and i look forward to playing again many months later to see what it has for me.

So being someone who plays games for most of there free time i was able to do everything the current game has to offer and jet pack around for far to long making sure i got everything in about 8 hours give or take a few witch for pre alpha is pretty good and i enjoyed most of it (by the end it was getting really dull and repetitive) the first thing that i really have to say is exploring the world was the most fun going out a little more each time and finding something new was amazing every time i went back out for the first 2 or so hours was a blast going a little farther each time so i start by bring in pinks (of course) soon go to rocks then largos the game lacking information i did have my ranch run over by tars two times before figuring it out but thats ok i figured it out fully upgraded one cage and put about 10 rock pink largos in thinking they would be easy because they eat anything witch they were i had them all game quickly moved on to tabby fireflies put them in the cave but they kept disappearing for whatever reason so moved them to the sun 10 of them made bank of them had to work a little harder though to feed the large amount but with a few gardens and coops it became easy however the gardens didn't work for a while and still wont with certen thinks like pogofruit found the giant pink and tabby and the first gate figured feeding it was how i got slime key so i fed pink got slime key (at this point i thought i was almost done with the game that i had all of the implemented slimes) but i was really happy to go beyond that wall to find more slimes quickly caught honeys, booms and pond slimes made about 10 honey booms and had about 5 pond slimes made some silos at this point to store the mass amounts of food i had and at this point i was pretty much done with the game i was making more food then i needed i had all the upgrades with about 10,000 money left over and many more things to sell that i didn't bother too so i fed the other 2 big slimes and jet packed around for a while to find nothing at this point i took to the Internet to see what i could find and from what i could tell i had done what the game had to offer and now im here.

my thoughts on the game are that the core game play starts to get tired out i think even if there were more slime types in the game i would be about done with it (get slime, put slimes in cage, make slimes big-profit) theres nothing more to it and i was fine with that for awhile but soon you start to make infinite money and then it all feels pointless because its not dynamic nothing will ever change i can harvest my crops but them in the feeder then go to next day to just make infinite money with nothing more to do and that process only takes about 30 seconds im not saying the game needs to be harder because to be honest i like the light hearted fun nature of the game i just feel there needs to be more to keep me engaged for longer other then different slime types witch at the end of the day are all the same in a fully upgrade coral other then looks and food they eat i dont know what it needs but there does need to be an upgrade or something added to the core game play because even if there was more content in the game right now it wouldn't really make a difference to me i would be able to experience all of it rather quickly with the way my ranch is going right now and then it would be back to the same ol' same ol'

anyway thats just my thoughts and i look forward to what you do with the game 10/10 would kick start and i have never kick started a game befor.

p.s sorry for lack of grammar and spelling i didn't look over this and i wrote it rather fast.
cowZ
Plort

Re: i have done everything, this is my story and thoughts.

Postby Hiding » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:59 pm

I swear this whole post was 1 huge sentence.

I just started playing and Im wondering why people all start pink? I mean u can jus t step outside and vacuum all the pink poop you want. I started blue and cats while wondering why my phosphos kept disappearing then realize they need shade.
Hiding
Rancher

Return to General Discussion