do you think BOb and thora will end up w/ their own quests?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

do you think BOb and thora will end up w/ their own quests?

Postby charcolor » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:26 am

i know viktor is getting his own update soon (i forget whether it's planned to be the next one or the one after) and i think that's really neat!! i really love these updates that let you go on a special mission to help the other ranchers and get to know them a little better.

but i feel like there won't be any more after this. thora and bob missions would be tough to pull off, i think. thora might be easier, she lives with hobson and she's just a pleasant old lady but she still requests stuff from the range exchange, but BOb is obviously a different story. maybe they can give him a surprisingly deep backstory and have him suddenly start speaking normally instead of pink slimes which he totally is not made up of.

thora getting her own update seems more likely, but i'm not sure what it would end up being...
charcolor
Chickadoo

Re: do you think BOb and thora will end up w/ their own ques

Postby akkamaddi » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:19 pm

The road map says "more to come!", but I feel the same as you. I keep an eye on the plort market wall, though. There are five free spaces. The dev team makes waste of nothing, so I think that is an indication of their roadmap. If the wall changes and empty plort spaces disappear, I think that would be a conclusive sign we are near the end.

One spot may end up being the quicksilver slime. We may end up with a "Magnetistone Corral", and be able to farm quicksilver plorts on our home ranch. Or, Viktor may have a "Virtual Corral" that slowly produces plorts of any kind.

To Viktor himself, it sounds like the Glitch Slime and Glitch Plort are virtual items only, so they may end up being a second plort that we (currently) cannot farm. That is just a guess based on what has been said, so I could be way off.

Personally, I want a BoB update sooo bad, but I'm not sure there is official interest. There was a recent thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9017

It has been a while, but I think it has been said that Thora and Hobson will never have their own side quest, and you will never meet them. This is a "never meet your heroes" philosophy, and to me it actually makes sense. Hobson has found his "happy ever after", and there is no reason for him to return. If we ever do meet them, I think it will be the closing act of Slime Rancher (barring a sequel). Just as a narrative construction, I think opening Slime Rancher with a letter from Hobson welcoming you to your new ranch, and the final act of the game being Hobson welcoming you to his ranch would work well. (Beatrix welcoming a new rancher would also be perfect closure.)

If the ranch exchange ever opens to players, then the last five spots may all be for platform-specific plorts for players to trade. Since the different platforms all have unique DLC, one possibility could be to let each platform have a unique island with a unique slime, and let players trade plorts. That could fill up the plort wall quickly.

All we can do is wait. There is already a placeholder for the Glitch Slime on the Wiki, but little other information.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:23 am

Quicksilver slimes aren't supposed to be farmed.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby akkamaddi » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:53 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:Quicksilver slimes aren't supposed to be farmed.

Yes, I'm simply musing about what might be. I would not be surprised if that changes in a future update, but I have no direct evidence it is happening soon.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:21 am

I have no doubts about that. It's just right now they wish to get the Optimisation Update, VR Playground, and Viktor's Update out first before announcing other things.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby CrookHookGames » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:31 pm

Thora will definitely get her own update. BOb, however, will probably not get one. :(
For every pioneer on every new frontier:
Be brave.
Be bold.
And stay wiggly
CrookHookGames
Rancher

Return to General Discussion