Gold and Lucky Slimes

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Gold and Lucky Slimes

Postby Burningskull » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:25 am

Is there anyway to make Gold and Lucky slimes more... useful at the end game? After purchasing all the 7z rewards and getting a full ranch, I don't really have a use for the gold slimes or the lucky slimes anymore.

It would be nice if we could ranch them, or make largos out of them or something. Even if we could only feed them once a day or something.

Same goes for the Quicksilver slimes tbh.

Granted I don't have an idea beyond ranching them or Largos. But you found a way to make the Pink slimes useful :)
Burningskull
Chickadoo

Re: Gold and Lucky Slimes

Postby charcolor » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:07 am

well, you could snare a gold gordo and keep it as a sort of pet! not lucky slimes, though...even though i haven't unlocked all the rewards and stuff yet, i honestly haven't found much usefulness out of lucky slimes either. i still try to feed them when i see them, because it's a nice thing to do and a few extra newbucks never hurt anybody
charcolor
Chickadoo

Postby BraveStarr » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:28 am

Maybe they can add some kind of trap gadget that helps you catch a Gold or Lucky slime after you get the end credits as a reward like the gold vaults. One that works like the snare but only works if placed in an area and the slime shows up after you get there not while your away from the area and you only have a few minutes to do something with them. If you leave the area they escape and disappear.
BraveStarr
Chickadoo

Postby GravityCat » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:06 am

Still waiting on the ability to snare a Lucky Gordo so I can take adequate screenshots of their slime for the wiki.

>tfw every encounter with a Lucky Slime comes out with bad screenshots.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby BraveStarr » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:22 am

GravityCat wrote:Still waiting on the ability to snare a Lucky Gordo so I can take adequate screenshots of their slime for the wiki.

I would suggest recording your games until you come across a lucky slime, do your best to get in front of one to catch the face and any other details you may be looking for. Then open the video with VLC, find the scene in the video that best shows the lucky slime and use the snapshot feature to create the image you are looking for.
BraveStarr
Chickadoo

Postby GravityCat » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:26 am

BraveStarr wrote:
GravityCat wrote:Still waiting on the ability to snare a Lucky Gordo so I can take adequate screenshots of their slime for the wiki.

I would suggest recording your games until you come across a lucky slime, do your best to get in front of one to catch the face and any other details you may be looking for. Then open the video with VLC, find the scene in the video that best shows the lucky slime and use the snapshot feature to create the image you are looking for.

Yeah that would make perfect sense, but my laptop is a potato. And they always find themselves facing the wall or are in grass or some stupid thing like that.

I'll get there one day.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:19 am

GravityCat wrote:
BraveStarr wrote:

Yeah that would make perfect sense, but my laptop is a potato. And they always find themselves facing the wall or are in grass or some stupid thing like that.

I'll get there one day.

If I get time tonight I might be of some help. The magic of tofu...
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:49 am

Using modded spawners would be easier.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Return to General Discussion