online version

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

online version

Postby BDV » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:57 am

Will you ever think of making an online version? because my friend and I bought the game and wanted to play in the same world, it would be cool. if you put the multiplayer mode I think more people would play
BDV
Plort

Re: online version

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:06 pm

no
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Maria » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi BDV!

Welcome to the forums! Multiplayer is actually a much requested feature, but one that's not easily doable for this game. And - sorry to disappoint - not something that's on the list at the moment.
If you look at our FAQ you'll find a much more elaborate response than mine regarding that particular feature request. I hope you and your friend still enjoy playing the game, albeit not together.
Also, thanks for taking the time to share your request/idea. It's always great to hear what improvements you'd like to see for the game!
Maria
Admin

Postby orempswenel » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:33 pm

#MULTIPLAYERUPRISING
orempswenel
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:30 pm

orempswenel wrote:#MULTIPLAYERUPRISING

It Literally has a theme choose your own path. beatrix left earth to follow her own heart, hobson sold his ranch to go live with thora, Ogden left to start his own business because he didn't agree with company he worked with, and Mochi is discovering herself after her father sent her on her own. On top of all this you get choices left right and center for how to navigate the map. Literally.
From the beginning you have a choice, do you go through the moss blanket or do you go through the quarry
If you choose the blanket, do you choose to ignore the quarry and use the wilds for your rad plort?
Do you choose to open the gates to either even
Which upgrades do you buy first? Which slimes do you ranch? Which expansion do you buy first? What foods do you farm? Do you ranch largos or pures?
Choices choices choices, which in the end they Literally ask you which door do you choose.
Now after all of that, how do you get "pick your own path" out of a game if it has multiplayer, and if the game was developed for a single player.
Drones further add to this, do you choose to automate or not? What do you choose to automate? Then quantum slimes Literally are based on the multiple worlds theory which states that there is a world for every possible existence, so for every little choice you make, there is a world. And the freaking ruins has multiple routes to navigate it to the end from the start. The glass desert is the same way even.

Doesn't account for technical issues that the devs have mentioned or the ones they haven't.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:47 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
orempswenel wrote:#MULTIPLAYERUPRISING

It Literally has a theme choose your own path. beatrix left earth to follow her own heart, hobson sold his ranch to go live with thora, Ogden left to start his own business because he didn't agree with company he worked with, and Mochi is discovering herself after her father sent her on her own. On top of all this you get choices left right and center for how to navigate the map. Literally.
From the beginning you have a choice, do you go through the moss blanket or do you go through the quarry
If you choose the blanket, do you choose to ignore the quarry and use the wilds for your rad plort?
Do you choose to open the gates to either even
Which upgrades do you buy first? Which slimes do you ranch? Which expansion do you buy first? What foods do you farm? Do you ranch largos or pures?
Choices choices choices, which in the end they Literally ask you which door do you choose.
Now after all of that, how do you get "pick your own path" out of a game if it has multiplayer, and if the game was developed for a single player.
Drones further add to this, do you choose to automate or not? What do you choose to automate? Then quantum slimes Literally are based on the multiple worlds theory which states that there is a world for every possible existence, so for every little choice you make, there is a world. And the freaking ruins has multiple routes to navigate it to the end from the start. The glass desert is the same way even.

Doesn't account for technical issues that the devs have mentioned or the ones they haven't.

that's deep
but i really agree, it adds to the value of the game
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby orempswenel » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:36 pm

together. we will get multiplayer into slime rancher. #MULTIPLAYERUPRISING
orempswenel
Rancher

Postby Jeb » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:42 am

orempswenel wrote:together. we will get multiplayer into slime rancher. #MULTIPLAYERUPRISING

Maybe if you took the time to read the FAQ, you'd understand why this is a difficult undertaking for the team. "...we currently have no plans for multiplayer. However, anything is possible in the future if we continue to see the same level of wonderful support from players as we do now."

Interpret that last part however you want, but you have to view "support" in this context as more of a financial thing than you would as anything else.

Multiplayer may require a rewrite of much of the code, or the development of a new game if you will, which wouldn't be worth it for the developers if there's no financial incentive. Would it be worth another 30-50 dollar investment to you? Would the community at large agree?
Jeb
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:52 am

Jeb wrote:
orempswenel wrote:together. we will get multiplayer into slime rancher. #MULTIPLAYERUPRISING

Maybe if you took the time to read the FAQ, you'd understand why this is a difficult undertaking for the team. "...we currently have no plans for multiplayer. However, anything is possible in the future if we continue to see the same level of wonderful support from players as we do now."

Interpret that last part however you want, but you have to view "support" in this context as more of a financial thing than you would as anything else.

Multiplayer may require a rewrite of much of the code, or the development of a new game if you will, which wouldn't be worth it for the developers if there's no financial incentive. Would it be worth another 30-50 dollar investment to you? Would the community at large agree?

Adding to this, stardew worked their butts off just for the code changes. SR has actual story and theme issues on top of this.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:10 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:Adding to this, stardew worked their butts off just for the code changes. SR has actual story and theme issues on top of this.

I think it is also a safe bet that the physics engine in Stardew Valley is a tad bit simpler than this. ;-)

I agree with the simple fact that the theme of the game is that you have chosen to be alone. Within the main game itself, I think there is a reference to the fact that the Zemails you are getting from people on earth are about five years old. It is a game about new beginnings and goodbyes. (And I love the ending.)

In the post-game setting, I've already said elsewhere that there are ways that individual players an brush up against other player games in a somewhat collaborative style. I think that would be far more realistic, and would fit in OK with an epilogue scenario. You have already had your moment of personal growth, and then you can get occasional random Zeemails or whatnot from other players.

Now, an online free for all would be fun. I'm not going to lie, I'd love to see that myself. I just understand that the answer is "no" and I understand why. :-)
akkamaddi
Rancher

Return to General Discussion