Suggestion for Incinerator and Drones

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Suggestion for Incinerator and Drones

Postby jmababa » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:05 pm

We need some kind of fence on side of incinerator as next update It should be upgrade to buy Fire slimes keep escaping and disappearing also Drones water tank too small make it a zee club reward or an upgrade to buy the larger drone water tank
jmababa
Chickadoo

Re: Suggestion for Incinerator and Drones

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:20 pm

jmababa wrote:We need some kind of fence on side of incinerator as next update It should be upgrade to buy Fire slimes keep escaping and disappearing also Drones water tank too small make it a zee club reward or an upgrade to buy the larger drone water tank

24 hours for 1 unit of water... Honestly I don't get the too small part, sure I may not be against a bigger one, but to call it too small isn't something I can understand. (Sorta contradicted but explained later on.)

That is practically 4% an hour, 1% every 15 minutes, of 1 unit of water (something that now comes in bunches of 5 at least...). Now as I'm writing this it does have it small for a tank, but the efficiency of fuel consumption is likely where many are coming from for the "too small" statement. Which when you do the actual math it is ridiculously efficient... Storage wise after doing said math I can't exactly argue its not a small container, but for what it does it isn't exactly too small.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:46 am

The incinerators can be a huge pain, but this has to do with the game's physics.

If a bouncy thing hits a bouncy thing, the recoil is amplified.

This gets a special case in the ash pits. NEVER fill an ash pit with slimes and fire plorts in it. If you do, the slimes and plorts will be forced to the top of the ash when they move, which counts as a bounce. If they collide into something, the bounce is amplified. I have actually seen plorts and slimes be launched over the valley walls.

Even if they don't sit still, this can still happen when you first load a game. When the game loads and the slimes are placed, they get moved to the top of the ash, which counts as a move. If they hit something else along the way, they can get launched. My fire pit used to be in front of the home (where I tried to stand to shut down the game for the night). When I would re-start, it was not unusual to see a slime be launched into the air, never to bee seen again. This accounted for many escapes.

When you feed the fire pits, vac out the slimes and plorts. Fill the ash, and return the fire slimes.

Personally, I would love to see a plort collector on the fire pits. Also, it would be nice if the vac pack had a "drop" alternative to "shoot". It would make putting fire slimes back in the ash much easier.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby MrPiggles » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:18 am

I feel that there should be upgrades for the drones to not need fuel so often, or have silows conected to the market so you can just open the [color=#FF8080][color=#FF80FF]flood gates and realese every plortposible.
MrPiggles
Plort

Postby charcolor » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:21 am

MrPiggles wrote:I feel that there should be upgrades for the drones to not need fuel so often, or have silows conected to the market so you can just open the [color=#FF8080][color=#FF80FF]flood gates and realese every plortposible.

i don't think connecting silos to the market is necessary. we have market links thanks to slime science, and they're not permanent so it's easy to sell plorts wherever you go (unless the area doesn't have any places that let you put down gadgets, but that's really only a problem in the wilds).
i don't think drones are a big problem, either. it could be like hydro turrets and have an upgraded, longer lasting version available to fabricate, but it doesn't seem necessary to me. but maybe it's just because i refill the water tanks every time i see them, even if they're nearly full already...
charcolor
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion