Bug report with cause

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Bug report with cause

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Quantums count as pinks towards the omnivour achievement.

Reason, in shared assets level 2, Game object slimequantum array array 5 happens to call pinkfoodtypetracker just like the pink slime. This is causing the game to treat any food the quantum eats as if a pink was eating it.

Simple fix, remove that set of data from the quantums. (Done it myself with my limited knowledge on messing with assets, going to presume the people that added this slime and edited existing slimes with new updates have a clue on how to edit this out.)

Came across this while taking notes of file ids for a modding project.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Re: Bug report with cause

Postby Lionmeow » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:01 pm

I originally thought this was about quantum slimes able to eat any food and they produce pink plorts. That would be a really funny mod. So maybe one day someone can make that a mod.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:35 pm

Lionmeow wrote:I originally thought this was about quantum slimes able to eat any food and they produce pink plorts. That would be a really funny mod. So maybe one day someone can make that a mod.

Well I made them able to eat any food, favour tofu and produce tofu... Change one id value and that tofu becomes a pink plort
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:34 pm

welp found this in tangle slimes now...
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to General Discussion