What happened to Iron Rancher?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

What happened to Iron Rancher?

Postby CoasterMan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:34 pm

If you looked at the development roadmap a few months ago, you would have seen a new mode called Iron Rancher, which is a mode that creates a harder version of the game where you have to collect certain quotas of plorts throughout various days with some other new stuff added to it such as vampiric chickens (Whaaa?). Now, they removed it. So what happened?
CoasterMan
Rancher

Re: What happened to Iron Rancher?

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:14 pm

The devs made a twitter post regarding that explaining that they decided against it and dropped the idea.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Kitana » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:43 am

Awwww, I was really looking forward to that too. I've been waiting to make a new file for it and everything ;^;

Buuuuuut the Victor update looks like it's gonna be MUCH bigger now than originally planned, so I do understand. I just hope they come out with a "hard mode" like Iron Rancher later on, since time trials aren't really my thing. (Of course, I also dream of a far, far range where rain/weather wasn't scrapped, so I'm used to dealing with disappointment).

And on the VERY off chance someone points it out-- yeah, I helped with data acquisition back when Rush Mode was being tested as a '5-Day Challenge', but that was in the name of advancing Slime Science for the betterment of rancher-kind. When it comes to playing for fun, stone-set time constraints just tend to stress me out more than anything.
Kitana
Chickadoo

Postby Lionmeow » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:19 pm

can you reply with the link to the twitter link?
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby DarkCreature97 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:59 pm

I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:50 am

Seems someone beat me to it.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to General Discussion