Teleporter

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Teleporter

Postby Narwhal » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:58 am

So when you complete the story of the game and get to Hobson's final message (not email) its on top of a telepporter like the one to get you to the glass desert. Will we ever get to teleport there?
Narwhal
Plort

Re: Teleporter

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:49 am

That would break the whole point of the story, so probably no.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Narwhal » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:37 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:That would break the whole point of the story, so probably no.

I mean yes and no. Yes because that was the end of the story but no because it would show the differences between Beatrix and Hobson, how they chose their paths.
Narwhal
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:05 am

Narwhal wrote:
EmeraldPlay wrote:That would break the whole point of the story, so probably no.

I mean yes and no. Yes because that was the end of the story but no because it would show the differences between Beatrix and Hobson, how they chose their paths.

Coming from an author here, while it shows a difference, that does get in the way of some of the symbolism there. That is the end of hobson's story, symbolising the choice to remain and settle down with those they love. The contrast you mention is shown already through casey's letters, showing bea to have left for the great beyond. Hobson's work had him able to fix it, yet he chose not to for his reasons. That very location is a representation of choosing not to take one door (humorous given the fact a teleporter is essentially a doorway), and while letting us open it doesn't change that story, it ignores the symbolism there. That is not our door to open, that is Hobson's (metaphorically here, since if you want literally then you just ignore the symbolism altogether.)

To sum it up, that place symbolises hobaon's choice to not open a door, and the contrast you offer as a method to work it into the theme of the story is already covered, and ignores the symbolism of said location.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to General Discussion