Future Updates

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Future Updates

Postby Diablomaster761 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:18 am

As a long term player of this game, (0.6.0 was when i started) ive got a few things which i think should be added or something which could be.
1. Another update to the world, Awhile ago i read a message saying that when Hobson first got to the Ranch the Moss Blanket was like the dry reef but then it spread, they could add something where where after a certain ammount of in game days, changes could happen, such as areas extending and more things to change.
2. Following onto 1. I think we should be able to make the Drones able to be activated in the world and do collecting tasks, this could be similar how you can only put 2 of them in each ranch upgarde however 2 for each world section. E.g 2 for Dry Reef, 2 for Indigo Quarry and etc.
3. Maybe have a co-op mode or a multiplayer mode. Im not entirely sure how this could work but we could have the 2nd player be one of the other Ranchers such as Mochi Miles or Ogden Ortiz. This would be weird as they players wouldnt interact at first until Player 1 has done the objective needed. Other ways this could work is if they add a second floor to the original house if a 2nd player is in or has been in the world.
4. A way to harness the Tarr, maybe a lab or something where you can make Tarr and eventually make some kind of cure, so that you could go out and splash them with the cure and they would turn back to normal and then have a visual difference and maybe then have an immunity to the Tarr.
5. A water/fire slime mix, maybe this would be an obsidian slime or something else but maybe just a bigger version of them which could could give more of one plort depending what home they were put into.
6. Away to keep the quick silver slimes, they could add a new corral where its a small race track for the slimes and you could harness the plorts. But you could only do this after getting everything for Mochi Miles.

Thanks for taking your time to read this and have a good day :)
Im just some guy on the internet who has been playing slime rancher since about january 2017
User avatar
Diablomaster761
Rancher
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 11:18 am

Re: Future Updates

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:11 am

1. As far as I know, the main Far, Far Range is considered to be finished. Since 1.0.0, we've only been getting additional NPC zones. Plus, changing it would require the in-game map to be updated.
2. It would be too hard to make. Drones require tons of objects to work properly and not crash into walls.
3. NO.
4. Tarr are supposed to be a punishment for you allowing this to happen. This would break it.
5. How would it even work? They can't eat plorts.
6. Quicksilver slimes are not supposed to be obtainable.
My avatar is from this chart, courtesy of Miomilla.

-----
Links worth checking out:
My Discord server for the wiki!
My Pure Saber Slime Mod!
The prototype features I restored!

-----
Praise the sun!
User avatar
EmeraldPlay
Treefox
 
Posts: 1799
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:08 am
Location: somewhere in Europe

Re: Future Updates

Postby Upsilon » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:33 am

Don't forget that Slime Rancher has a pretty unique gameplay. Not everything will work or/and be fun.
1. If the world could change after some time, there will be a lot of people who would like to run around the 'old' Far-Far Range. Adding such a function to travel to old zones would be just too much.
2. Drones are meant to do the ranching at your home. Besides, programming all the routes for the drones was probably a hell of a work. Also, if you could make drones do the work outside the ranch, what is there left for you to do? :D
3. Multiplayer should have a reason to exist, just a co-op integration where, for example, you run around with your friend seems pointless.
4. There is a mode where you can play without Tarr at all. It's just like EmeraldPlay said - Tarr are meant to be a punishment for your inattention.
5. Sure, Fire Slimes and Puddle Slimes can't become largos, imagine a huge pond with 10 Largos (Puddle+Anything), that would look more like a pool.
6. Storywise Mochi Miles owns The Nible Valley, and all the Quicksilver Slimes belong to her. But it could be fun to have Quicksilver Slimes to run around in a small Race Track at your ranch.

Sorry if that looked like I bashed you with negativity, these are just my thoughts, don't take them personally.
User avatar
Upsilon
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:43 pm

Re: Future Updates

Postby Diablomaster761 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:34 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:1. As far as I know, the main Far, Far Range is considered to be finished. Since 1.0.0, we've only been getting additional NPC zones. Plus, changing it would require the in-game map to be updated.
2. It would be too hard to make. Drones require tons of objects to work properly and not crash into walls.
3. NO.
4. Tarr are supposed to be a punishment for you allowing this to happen. This would break it.
5. How would it even work? They can't eat plorts.
6. Quicksilver slimes are not supposed to be obtainable.


Co op would be amazing, especially at the start as there is alot to do. But then again i prefer co op/multiplayer games rather than single player
Im just some guy on the internet who has been playing slime rancher since about january 2017
User avatar
Diablomaster761
Rancher
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 11:18 am

Re: Future Updates

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:38 am

Diablomaster761 wrote:
EmeraldPlay wrote:1. As far as I know, the main Far, Far Range is considered to be finished. Since 1.0.0, we've only been getting additional NPC zones. Plus, changing it would require the in-game map to be updated.
2. It would be too hard to make. Drones require tons of objects to work properly and not crash into walls.
3. NO.
4. Tarr are supposed to be a punishment for you allowing this to happen. This would break it.
5. How would it even work? They can't eat plorts.
6. Quicksilver slimes are not supposed to be obtainable.


Co op would be amazing, especially at the start as there is alot to do. But then again i prefer co op/multiplayer games rather than single player


Tempted to drop the authors rant here... And linking a forum post made by the devs which doesn't even account for some things technically.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Rancher
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

Re: Future Updates

Postby Frontiermon » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:01 pm

1. Another update like Ogdens wilds or Mochis mansion would be good,but changing the map that's already been established wouldn't be the best idea.
2.While I'd like like drones around the map doing everything for me, then what would I be able to do? I'm fine with drones staying in the ranch
3. Maybe a 2 player mode or implementing it into rush mode as an option might work. Other then that, I don't see a reason for multiplayer.
4. Can't see something like this working.
5. This one could work, or it could not. We'd need more information in order to have a definitive answer.
6. Maybe not at your ranch, but over in the space Mochi Miles owns, yeah, I can see quicksilver slimes being able to be ranched. As for the slime racetrack, yes, slime races would be amazing and adorable.
I'm still waiting for the BOb update.

helloCHIckens hallOO. chikkEN. OKs?
User avatar
Frontiermon
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:58 am
Location: I'm honestly not sure. There's no landmarks on my planet that could clue you in :/

Re: Future Updates

Postby WillyDonka » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Co op would be amazing, especially at the start as there is alot to do. But then again i prefer co op/multiplayer games rather than single player[/quote]

Co-op in a game this small is a sure-fire way of killing your motivation to play it. If it had double the amount of zones in the game with double the slimes, and a lot more things to actually do with said slimes, then yeah, Co-op would be great.

Even then, monomi said it would be extremely difficult to have multiplayer with all the physics calculations going on, slimes would probably have to be de-synced in order to make it even work.

Game would be completed to fast at its current stage with multiplayer, you'd burn out very quickly.
WillyDonka
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:05 am

Re: Future Updates

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:08 am

WillyDonka wrote:Co op would be amazing, especially at the start as there is alot to do. But then again i prefer co op/multiplayer games rather than single player


Co-op in a game this small is a sure-fire way of killing your motivation to play it. If it had double the amount of zones in the game with double the slimes, and a lot more things to actually do with said slimes, then yeah, Co-op would be great.

Even then, monomi said it would be extremely difficult to have multiplayer with all the physics calculations going on, slimes would probably have to be de-synced in order to make it even work.

Game would be completed to fast at its current stage with multiplayer, you'd burn out very quickly.[/quote]

And this doesn't even cover the theme of the game's story.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Rancher
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

Re: Future Updates

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:22 pm

I think that...

Ok, EmeraldPlay, chill... Breathe in... Breathe out... :-)

Some *collaborative* (no co-op, big difference) could be done and work well. One thing I've mentioned before would be setting up rancher trades like the current market exchange. Perhaps filling 11/33/55/77 requests could get you four new decorations. I think the best way to do this is you do "submit request", and you are randomly paired with someone else who has done "submit request" in the last hour. You get a notice that your request has been matched, and the trade is randomly generated by based on what each of you is able to give, to a total of 100 plorts of up to 4 kinds. (Yeah, you might get 100 pink plorts from a newbie, but a newbie may get quantum plorts! But the two way market would be a later 7Zee upgrade, so no one with *no* expansions.) If one person times out, the quest fails. Doing enough quests for other players unlocks deco blueprints you can buy.

Another "collab" would be a rare chance to find "remains". If your game is network enabled, if you die, your rescue marker appears for three other players for 24 hours. When you activate the marker, you get some randomly generated bit of text like "And DiabloMaster's last words were 'This is surely completely safe!"." or "And EmeraldPlay's took the risk, thinking any terrible demise would be unknown to others because there is no co-op in the Far Far Range. That din't work out well." And the unlock releases 5% of whatever they had in their inventory.

Anyway, there are ways to add a touch of collaboration in ways that avoid the massive list of co-op problems. You would be brushing up against another's game, not joining it. I know there is a different set of challenges with that, and it's not something you can just magically ~*poof*~ into the game. I think something like that would be do-able enough to not dismiss it out of hand.
akkamaddi
Rancher
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Re: Future Updates

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:37 pm

akkamaddi wrote:I think that...

Ok, EmeraldPlay, chill... Breathe in... Breathe out... :-)

Some *collaborative* (no co-op, big difference) could be done and work well. One thing I've mentioned before would be setting up rancher trades like the current market exchange. Perhaps filling 11/33/55/77 requests could get you four new decorations. I think the best way to do this is you do "submit request", and you are randomly paired with someone else who has done "submit request" in the last hour. You get a notice that your request has been matched, and the trade is randomly generated by based on what each of you is able to give, to a total of 100 plorts of up to 4 kinds. (Yeah, you might get 100 pink plorts from a newbie, but a newbie may get quantum plorts! But the two way market would be a later 7Zee upgrade, so no one with *no* expansions.) If one person times out, the quest fails. Doing enough quests for other players unlocks deco blueprints you can buy.

Another "collab" would be a rare chance to find "remains". If your game is network enabled, if you die, your rescue marker appears for three other players for 24 hours. When you activate the marker, you get some randomly generated bit of text like "And DiabloMaster's last words were 'This is surely completely safe!"." or "And EmeraldPlay's took the risk, thinking any terrible demise would be unknown to others because there is no co-op in the Far Far Range. That din't work out well." And the unlock releases 5% of whatever they had in their inventory.

Anyway, there are ways to add a touch of collaboration in ways that avoid the massive list of co-op problems. You would be brushing up against another's game, not joining it. I know there is a different set of challenges with that, and it's not something you can just magically ~*poof*~ into the game. I think something like that would be do-able enough to not dismiss it out of hand.

Can't even drop the authors rant onto here... Dang... Decent idea on paper, but there are a few things that would need to be worked out...
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Rancher
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

Re: Future Updates

Postby akkamaddi » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:59 am

Purplecharmanderz wrote:Can't even drop the authors rant onto here... Dang... Decent idea on paper, but there are a few things that would need to be worked out...


Oh, I know, and I acknowledge that up front.
akkamaddi
Rancher
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:43 pm


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests